Assets Microfinance Bank is a pacesetter in the provision of financial services to the unbankded excluded population. We are positioned to provide the market with efficient and beneficial services at an affordable rate.
A Microfinance Bank situated in Lekki area of Lagos is in need of a Group Head of Operations to manage the operations departments of all the subsidairy companies.
The operations/ business development department is an integral part of the Microfinance Bank which handles all the administrative and clerical work attached to the running of the company. This covers pre-core activities such as Client Onboarding, Regulatory Client Identification and post-core activities such as Payment Processing, Client and Regulatory Reporting, Margin Call, Loan Monitoring and Recovery.
The core responsibilities of the Head of Operationsincludes but not limited to:
- Adequately knowledgeable and have a demonstrable work experience about the processes, work flow and inter-relationship between the various departments of a Finance Company.
- Up to date with relevant regulatory requirements, reports formats and delivery deadlines as regards the operations of a Finance company.
- Technologically proficient and have the practical experience of automating standard work procedures.
- Able to document processes and implement policies and procedures.
- Also review existing work structures in line with recent changes
- Attentive to details and able to improve on existing work structures
- Able to provide support to the Board and Management by contributing to strategic decisions and assessing the impact of implementing decisions.
- Analysis and appraisal of customers’ credit requests in accordance with approved policies and procedures to ensure that credit exposures are created subject to stipulated guidelines (fulfilling conditions for disbursement or deferrals obtained)
- Responsible for providing support, direction, credit Information and loan policies and procedures to ensure the overall quality of the Bank’s lending portfolio.
Academic and Skill Requirements
- University degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration is preferred.
- Postgraduate degree should be an added advantage
- Must be numerical and with good descriptive capabilities. Intermediate skill in Microsoft Excel and good command of writing in English language.
- Analytical and good reporting skills
- Experience in operating technological solutions (software)
- Being part of development or implementation of a tech solution should be an added advantage
- Above-average relationship management skill.
Suggested Key Performance Indicators
- % number of reports delivered versus requirement
- % number of transactions processed per day
- Turnaround time per task
- No of complaints per month or per process
- Quality and accuracy of report
- Deposit mobilization
- Risk asset creation
- Revenue generation
- NPL to Total Loan ratio
- Management Performance to Plan Product innovation (number of new viable products introduced)
- Rate of recoveries
- Compliance with turnaround time for key activities.
Skills critical to the role:
- Customer focus: Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions
- Balances Stakeholders: Anticipates and balances the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Directs Work: Provides direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done
- Instills trust: Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Collaborates: Builds partnerships, bridges and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Manages Conflict: Handles conflict situations effectively
- Communicates effectively: Can use oral, formal, written, presentation format to clearly, professionally and articulately communicates with both colleagues and stakeholders.
go to method of application »
A Group of company in Lekki area of Lagos is in urgent need of a Group Head of Strategic Business Development. The Head of strategic business development is responsible for the growth of the company’s market share through the sales and distribution of the company’s existing products, development of new products and services, forging new relationships while enhancing the old ones.
The core responsibilities of the Head of Strategic Business Development Manager includes, but are not limited to:
- Identification of sales leads
- Establish &maintain a good working relationship with new and existing clients
- Pivotal in the Product Development/Creation process by providing client feedbacks and gathering essential data and
- Pitch value-adding goods and services to new and potential clients.
- In-depth knowledge of the company’s products and value proposition
- Developing growth strategies and plans to drive revenue and increase market share and client base
- Managing and retaining relationships with existing clients
- Writing business proposals
- Identifying and mapping business strengths and customer needs
- Researching business opportunities and viable income streams
- Play a leading role in Product Development / Creation
- Recommendation to Board and Management on growth strategies and supporting budget.
Suggested Key Performance Indicators:
- Client acquisition and Income generated per product
- New Clients secured (leased and/or generating an income)
- Number of new products facilitated
- Revenue and Cost budget performance.
Qualifications and Job Requirements:
- degree in any of the following; Business Development, Marketing, Economics or Finance. A professional qualification in Marketing or Channel Management is a plus
- Experience with design and implementation of business development strategy
- Strong negotiation skills and demonstrable conflict resolution tactic
- Target driven with excellent time management and organisation skills
- Ability to self-motivate and motivate a team
Method of Application
Qualified and interested applicants should forward their updated Cvs to email@example.com
quoting Group Head of Operations as mail subject
Application deadline: 6pm, 15th March, 2019.
Only qualified candidates will be shortlisted.