GE Oil & Gas is a world leader in advanced technologies and services with 43,000 employees in more than 100 countries supporting customers across the industry—from extraction to transportation to end use. Our unrelenting commitment to the environment, health and safety, quality and integrity defines us: it’s The Way We Work.
We develop smart solutions for our customers across the oil and gas value chain delivering the innovation, customized service solutions, training programs and technology that helps them to maximize their efficiency, productivity and equipment reliability.
GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing, GE works.
GE Oil & Gas is recruiting for the position of:
Job Number: 1922303
Location: Onne, Nigeria
The Hydro-mechanical, electrical or electronic repair, test and servicing of customer-owned and Company-owned subsea controls equipment.
- Carry out maintenance of customer and company owned equipment as defined in the applicable procedures.
- Ensure product quality is maintained by adherence to Company Standards & Procedures to achieve high customer satisfaction index.
- Responsible for Production Control Equipment, WOCS, Drilling equipment – assembly, repair and Factory Acceptance Testing(FAT)
- Responsible for pressure testing and fluid sampling
- Handle tasks relevant to core trade skills (tube fitting, electronic assembly etc.)
- Ensure all work is carried out in a safe manner, protecting the environment, health and security by complying with written COSHH Assessments,
- Risk Assessments (RA) or by carrying out any necessary risk assessments and Job Safety Analyses (JSA) prior to task commencement.
- Ensure that deliverables are completed within the specified timeline
- Minimum of a B.Sc degree in Mechanical or Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- 3-5 years relevant experience
- Ability to interact with customers
- Good fault finding skill
- A proactive team player
- Strong written & oral communication skills
- valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required.
- ust have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
- Computer Literacy
- Proficiency in report writing
- High energy level
go to method of application »
Job Number: 1920667
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
The Senior Manager - Project Management demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional areas of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
- Manage portfolio performance across multiple projects in the sub region in collaboration with dedicated Project Managers
- Be Responsible for overall project deliverables and managing multiple constraints associated with the various project (schedule / financials / customer requirements)
- Define and maximize the GE customer value proposition and competitive response across the various business segments in the sub region
- Understand customer needs and plans, current and future and ensure that customer and partner relationships are proactively managed
- Interface with commercial and engineering functions to coordinate project development, implementation, and control, resulting in project volume and profitability
- Responsible for the Contribution Margin of projects and will play a proactive role in problems identification and resolution during the project by highlighting potential areas of concern and promptly driving other departments in solving issues which affect project execution
- Responsible of developing a PMO mindset within the organization with focus on Project Quality Management, Risk, Project Control and Planning initiatives within the Region
- Ensure all team members are trained and compliant on the Global Project Organization and applicable business processes, tools and methods.
- Be the point of contact between the local operations and project teams and cross-functional/P&L interfaces.
- Drive organizational and functional effectiveness in order to achieve business goals and develop employees
- Create an environment which enables the attraction of new, qualified talent to the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or equivalent from an accredited university or college.
- At least 7 to 10 additional years of experience in project management
- At least 5 years of experience in a management role
- At least 2 years in a Sales, Marketing, Commercial Operations or related role
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or Engineering is preferred.
- Significant Project, Construction, Field Engineering and/or Contract Management experience in the Oil and Gas Industry.
- High energy level - self-starter.
- Deep technical knowledge of product lines and associated systems.
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Ability to drive and manage change in a dynamic environment.
- Microsoft suite proficiency.
- Six Sigma training (GE employees only).
- Proven ability to effectively manage a team / organization.
- Strong people and performance management, and strategic and operations planning
- Strong skills in customer relationship building, facilitation, and matrix management
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leaderships skills
- GE Leadership Development program (PMDP, PMLP, OMLP, JOLP, RELP or equivalent)
Method of Application
Interested candidates should click on preferred job title to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale