Jobs at The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN)
Posted on: 23 April, 2014
Deadline: 23 May, 2014
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Global Alliance for Improved Nutr
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is driven by the vision of a world without malnutrition. GAIN is a Swiss based international organization that mobilizes public-private partnerships and provides financial and technical support to deliver nutritious foods to those people most at risk of malnutrition. The organization is delivering improved nutrition to an estimated 700 million people in more than 30 countries, half of whom are women and children.
The Project Manager is responsible to monitor and manage the process of GAIN Food Fortification program grants in Nigeria by providing qualified support in regard to financial control and project management under the direct supervision of the Country Manager and in compliance with the instructions received from GAIN Secretariat.
- Review and monitor all programmatic activities such as periodic progress and financial reports, conditions precedent and special conditions to be performed by the Grantees as spelled out in the Implementation Plan of the Grant Agreement. Ensure all reports are submitted in the appropriate GAIN format. Report regularly and precisely in writing to the Country Manager on the progress, delays, issues and actions to be undertaken.
- Review and monitor the progress of implementation of each component of the program, with special attention to procurement of goods and services, communication strategy, social marketing, research, QA/QC protocols and questionnaires, and any contracts in order to ensure strict compliance with GAIN’s objectives, strategies, policies and procedures. Report regularly and precisely to the Country Manager on the progress, issues and actions to be undertaken.
- Make appropriate recommendations on the implementation plan, including any up-dates, of each funded program, on the approval of activities progress and financial reports, or any other documentation submitted by the Executing Agency as part of the program.
- Review and control all financial reports, budgets, procurement tenders, subcontracting, audit reports and any other financial documents to be provided by the Grantees as per the Grant Agreement. Review, control and give a recommendation on all requests for disbursements. Ensure all reports are provided in the appropriate format. Report regularly and precisely to the Country Manager on the quality, accuracy and completeness of all financial reports and activities.
- Make recommendations on the requests for disbursements and any other requests from the Grantees after controlling the process and the tools in accordance with GAIN Program Delivery Framework (PDF). In the event of any delays in the fulfillment of the conditions precedent to disbursement, inform the Country Manager immediately and take any necessary action, as pre-agreed by the Country Manager.
- Prepare and regularly up-date annual work plans for the Country Manager’s approval.
- Assist the Country Manager in reviewing financial reports, budgets for all programs.
- Provide information to the Country Manager for the latter to develop the annual Program of Work and Budget, the quarterly forecasts and the monthly cash flow forecasts.
- To assist any GAIN secretariat staff in drafting and finalizing MOUs with global alliance partners for the programs under his/her supervision
- To prepare country or regional summary documents, reports, Board presentations, etc. as needed.
- At least 10 years of experience in developing and managing projects, preferably in developing countries.
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial, matrix, global organization.
- Knowledge and familiarity with one or more of the following functional areas: Procurement, travel, communications, accounting, contracts and agreements, nutrition/health science, meetings/conference management, international aid, development programs or portfolio management.
Skills & Attributes
- Strong financial management skills and experience; demonstrated proficiency in finance skills related to the position.
- Proactive with a commitment to quality and accuracy with close attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communications skills.
- High flexibility and occasional availability to work outside regular working hours.
- Effective oral and written communication skills in an environment requiring diplomacy and good judgment in managing interactions with individuals at all levels inside and outside an organization. Able to prioritize, multi-task, and work well under pressure with frequent deadlines.
- Computer literacy with excellent MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint skills.
- Business English and local language required, written and verbal.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related field.
- Ability to travel on occasion.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should click here to apply online on or before the 23rd of May, 2014.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN)Similar Jobs
- Latest Job Vacancies at WaterAid Nigeria
- Senior Program Coordinator at the International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Security Liason Officer at Médecins du Monde
- Fresh Vacancies at Abt Associates
- Project Administrator at COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale
- Request for Proposals: Translating Agency at Girl Effect
- Job Opportunities at INTERSOS
- Grants Manager at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)