Engineer at GlaxoSmithKline
Posted on: 12 July, 2011
Deadline: 26 July, 2011
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at GlaxoSmithKline
We are one of the world's leading research based pharmaceuticals and healthcare companies . we have a challenging and inspiring mission to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
With a firm foundation in science, we discover , develop, manufacture and distribute prescription medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. In pursuance of our growth objectives an opportunity now exists for a bright. self starting and talented individual to join our company as:
We assure a great working experience in a stimulating and challenging environment.
The role exists to lead the maintenance of all Tetrapak equipment and related processing equipment with emphasis on delivering KPls for Tetrapak equipment in a way that will constantly result in efficient, reliable, safe and cost effective operations
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the role has the responsibility to:
• Lead Tetra maintenance team 10 dliiver maintenance KPls for Tetra Engineering section
• Direct supervision, asset care and maintenance of installed Tetrapak equipment
• Ensure training and retraining of technicians on repairs and maintenance of ail Tetrapak equipment
• Stock up critical spares: maintain spare parts level to enable speedy attention to local repairs and maintenance
• Perform prescribed TetraPak Maintenance routines on all Tetra equipment
• Ensuring that all Tetrapak Equipment are kept in appropriate usable conditions at all times
• Ensure professional job scheduling and proper work planning to facilitate effective preventive maintenance
• Provide adequate leadership for the maintenance crew during plant repairs
• Enforce the use of personal protective equipment to ensure safe working habits
• Ensure all measurement achieved meets up with specification and quality standards
The ideal candidate must possess
• an HND or a B. Sc. in Electrical Electronic Engineering with a minimum of 3 years hands on experience or and HND
or a B. Sc. in Mechanical Engineering with at least 6 years hands on experience on Tetra machine maintenance
• Proficiency on Electrical
troubleshooting and PLC handling is an added advantage
The ideal candidate must have:
• A minimum of 3 - 6 years hands on experience on maintenance of TetraPak machines (!BA8, TBA 19, TCA 1, and Distribution Equipment)
• Technical training(s) on TetraPak equipment maintenance .
• Good .supervisory management knowledge is essential.
• Must be versatile in equipment testing and repair capability.
• Versatile in problem solving theories (fault finding and solving trouble shooting)
Our skills expectations of the successful candidate are:
• Inter personal • Planning and Organizing • Flexibility and Initiative • Communication • IT
Method of application
Interested candidates should forward up-to-date resumes in Word. Format
(doc docx) to email@example.com, indicating the advertised role as the
subject matter. Please note that only electronic applications in the
prescribed format will be considered.
Applications close two weeks from the date of this advert. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about GlaxoSmithKlineSimilar Jobs
- Engineering Job Opportunity at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc
- Fresh Vacancy at Perfetti Van Melle
- Job Opportunities at the Fareast Mercantile Company Limited
- Sales Executives at Skiddo Foods Limited
- Job Opening at Dogan's Sugar Limited
- Commercial Manager at the Coca-Cola Company
- Export Logistics Officers at Literamed Publications Nigeria Limited (Lantern Books)
- Jobs at Denna Rossi Limited