SOUTH ATLANTIC PETROLEUM LIMITED is an indigenous Oil Exploration and Production Company, whose vision is to be the leading independent Nigerian energy company admired for its asset portfolio and human capital.
SAPETRO seeks top talent to enable her achieve this vision. To support maximization of our existing assets and the pursuit of our business expansion agenda, we seek a talented, enthusiastic, innovative and multi-tasking individual as Senior Corporate Communications Officer.
Reports To: General Manager Commercial
The general objective of this role is to promote SAPETRO’s image and reputation by effectively coordinating internal and external communication, maintaining goodwill and understanding among all stakeholders including the general public.
- Collate and analyze media publications about SAPETRO and other companies within the Upstream Oil and Gas industry, including governments and their agencies.
- Draft speeches for company Executives, arrange interviews and other forms of contacts for them.
- Assist in the preparation of press releases and information for media kits.
- Co-ordinate the publication and production of SAPETRO’s newsletter, publicity brochures, promotional videos, photographs and website content management.
- Co-ordinate and maintain the company’s corporate image and identity, which includes the use of
- logos and signage.
- Ensure company-wide awareness of SAPETRO’s Corporate Social Responsibility Initiatives.
- Co-ordinate Company sponsored events.
- Minimum of a 2nd Class Upper University degree in Mass Communications, Arts or Social Sciences.
- Approximately 5 to 8 years as a Corporate Communications Executive, Media or Public Relations
- Officer within the Upstream Oil and Gas industry, or within a Media House.
- Good organization, administrative and time management skills.
- Result-oriented and task-focused.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Good team spirit.
- Innovative, with good networking and presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication (verbal & written) skills.
- Conversant with the use of Microsoft Office Tools.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs (Microsoft Word Format) as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Tuesday 15th April 2014. Email subject titles should read: Senior Corporate Communications Officer - SA 023
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.