Whyte Cleon Limited is a Human Resource Outsourcing & Management Solutions provider in Nigeria with over 18 years business experience. We are a solution based business consulting firm with focus on the provision of practical and well researched solutions to help our clients bridge the gap between Strategy Development, Talent Acquisition, Strategy Execution and Organisational Performance.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
To be a skilled Fleet Logistics Officer that has the ability to function well as part of a team, helping to meet the needs of customers by delivering and picking up consignment in a timely, safe, courteous and professional manner.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Follow all Operational Procedures and Standards
- Maintain the service and appearance of vehicles daily
- Ensure that the cars are fuelled at the company’s designated filling stations every day.
- Keep the cars in clean condition( exterior, interior engine)
- Checking the engine oil, battery water, tyres, and knowing when the car has any fault.
- Confirm and keep records to know when the vehicle is due for servicing, and report to the supervisor who in turn will report to the Logistics Officer
- Check all vehicle particulars and ensure they are up to date.
- Reporting: prompt reporting of any problems developed in the cause of carrying out daily activities to the Supervisor
- Maintain driver logs and recording all movement in the trip sheet
- Safely transport consignment to customers location in a timely, safe, courteous and professional manner.
- Act as an observer during operation and report same to control room and the operation officer.
- Maintain vehicle Inventory which includes doing a general check of the vault to ensure all cash bags are remove after the day operation.
- Adhere to all safety requirements particular to the vehicle, crew, consignment
- Denying all unauthorized access into the vehicle.
- Abide by all traffic rules and regulations including Federal Road Safety Regulations.
- Follow delivery/pickup instructions from supervisor
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the supervisor, Logistics or operations officer.
- Please note that Fleet Logistics Officer (1) is not allowed to handle cash bags/consignment
Qualifications and Requirements
- SSCE or its equivalent (Trade Test Result).
- Minimum of 3 years working experience (CIT experience will be an added advantage).
- Employee must possess a valid driver's license issued by the Federal Road Safety Corps
- Must be 30-32 years of age or older, with a clean driving record, obtain a CDL (commercial driver's license) if necessary, ability to certify in special needs assistance training, defensive driver training and first aid.
- Must take and successfully pass a pre-employment drug test, as well as at random, reasonable suspicion, and post-accident drug and alcohol tests.
Skills/ competence Requirements
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of the CIT industry.
- Safe driving.
- Active Risk Management Skill.
- Good Judgment of Speed and Speed Adaptation.
- Perfect Visual Performance.
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to read maps efficiently.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Diligent attention to detail.
- Diligent attention to safety.
- Positive attitude.
- Self-Management (Professional appearance).
- Excellent verbal communication.
- Interpersonal Skills.
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- An ability to function well as part of a team.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale