If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The U.S. Consulate in Lagos is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for the position of Truck Driver in the General Services Office (GSO).
Basic Function of the Position:
Incumbent operates cars, light, medium, and heavy buses, pickups, light, medium, and large trucks to transport passengers and cargo to and from the Warehouse, Consulate AM Embassy Abuja, or commercial or residential locations throughout Nigeria and to neighboring countries as directed
To obtain a copy of this announcement please visit our Mission website at: http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/hr_office.html
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- Completion of Secondary School is required.
- Minimum of two (2) years previous experience as a professional truck driver is required.
- Level III (good working knowledge) Speaking /Reading/Writing in English and any widely spoken local language is required.
- Candidate must possess valid professional driver’s license (Nigerian class E).
- Must have a good geographical knowledge of Lagos, other Nigeria cities and Neighboring countries.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
Salary: Or–Ordinarily Resident–N1, 972,748 p.a. (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-04 In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
Method of Application
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus.
- Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
Submit Application To:
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area
Or submit to: HRNigeria@state.gov