Ipas Is Recruiting
Posted on: 18 February, 2014
Deadline: 24 February, 2014
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at IPAS
Ipas, a global, non-profit reproductive health organization working in Nigeria, seeks an Advisor in their Community Access Unit. The Community Access Unit works directly with communities, in implementing strategic interventions related to community level advocacy. social mobilization, and behavior change activities. The Advisor will assist the Community Access Unit Head in preparation, coordination and implementation of community engagement and social and behavior change communication (SBCC) interventions aimed at improving community demand for. and access to comprehensive reproductive health services, with an emphasis on engaging youth and youth-friendly services, The position is based in Abuja.
- Assisting in the assessment and selection of communities and community-based groups to become partners in the program efforts.
- Coordinating support to community-based partners in preparing sub-grant proposals, and reporting on implemented activities in line with Ipasprocedures.
- Contributing to the implementation of the Reproductive Health Hotline by providing back-up support to the IT Hotline staff.
- Assisting with documentation of findings and lessons learned in the implementation of the community access activities.
- Providing administrative support to the Unit: Document, report and track activity entries, track planning and reporting timelines for grant agreements and contracts, follow-up on transfer/payment requests to women's grops, community-based organizations and community partners.
- Coordinating and overseeing courier packages and mail; coordinate dissemination of publications; assist in scheduling meetings and taking meeting notes; maintaining a contact database for the unit.
- Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years of experience in community-based health and/or development programs.
- Experience providing administrative support to programmatic units.
- Good communication and writing skills in English and local Nigerian languages.
- Proficiency in MS Office required.
- Knowledge and experience in women's rights. reproductive health issues. and human rights-based approaches.
- Relevant knowledge and technical experience in rights-based, participatory community engagement; direct work with community groups and local leaders; knowledge of social and behavior change communication (SBCC) a plus.
- Working with youth and young people a plus.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit cover letter and CV to: email@example.com We do not accept phone calls but we encourage you to visit our website: http://www.ipas.org before applying or send your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline for application is 24th February, 2014. Due to anticipated volume of applications, only quali lied applicants will be contacted. Ipas is an equal opportunity employer.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about IPASSimilar Jobs
- Administration and Logistics Assistant at Cuso International
- Latest Job Vacancy at The International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Consultancy Role at The Centre for Democracy & Development (CDD)
- Job Vacancy at The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD)
- Latest Job Opportunity at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Human Resource Manager at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Latest Job Opening at Oxfam
- Fresh Jobs at Action Against Hunger | ACF International