Sterling Bank Plc is a full service commercial banking in Nigeria with 2,600 professional employees. It commenced operations as NAL Bank in 1960. Following the indigenization decree of 1972, it became a government owned institution and was managed in partnership with Grindlays Bank Limited, Continental International Finance Company Illinois and American Express Bank Limited between 1974 and 1992.
At Sterling Bank, we take your development very seriously. We will ensure that you receive the training and support you need to progress, every step of the way in your career. We will ensure that your skills, drive and successes are recognised and rewarded irrespective of what part of the Bank you join.
Sterling Bank Nigeria Plc is seeking to employ:
Job Ref: JR - ECN 01
Location: Any City, NG
Department: Corporate Planning & Strategy
- Analyze and interpret micro and macroeconomic conditions; and make forecasts from which the Bank can make informed business decisions.
- Plan, design, and conduct researches to aid interpretation of economic relationships within regions, and modified to the Bank's client base.
- Track monetary policy of Central Bank of Nigeria and present management with monthly economic data and analysis addressing how the forecast movement of the economic indicators might impact interest rates, inflation rate, and other monetary and fiscal indices.
- Head and monitor economic research, generating under his/her direction regular economic briefing reports to Executive Management and other users, on the key issues influencing the global economy, Nigerian economy and financial markets.
- Provide invaluable economic understanding of the dynamics of the Nigerian economy, government economic policies, company analysis and the international economic environment for paper content and stories.
- Monitor external economic and social research.
- Make valuable presentations at Management/Executive/Performance Review/Strategy sessions, with a view to addressing current and future economic issues, their impact on the Bank’s business, and attendant recommendations.
- Start the production of a quarterly economic journal by the Bank which could be distributed to internal and external users.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Create awareness in the Bank and provide frequent feedback on the implications of prevailing money market policies.
- Develop of short and long term economic strategies for the Bank.
- Competitive and industry analysis on a quarterly basis.
- Produce an economic journal every quarter.
- The ideal candidate should have recognized footprints in economics and finance or banking.
- Masters degree in Economics, Finance, or Statistics or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills may be acquired.
- Strong analytical skills in applied macroeconomics.
- Significant understanding of monetary policy, central banking, international financial markets, payment system, and banking regulation, and experience in directing economic research impacting these areas.
- Minimum of 8 years work experience.
- Previous experience in the economic function in a bank/other cognate financial institutions, professional firm, analyst firms economic research agencies, and related institutions is required.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.