If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
MasterCard (NYSE: MA), is a technology company in the global payments industry. We operate the world’s fastest payments processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories. MasterCard’s products and solutions make everyday commerce activities – such as shopping, traveling, running a business and managing finances – easier, more secure and more efficient for everyone. We are leading the way toward a world beyond cash with the power to expand connectivity, opportunity, and prosperity for individuals, businesses, and communities.
We are recruiting to fill the following position:
Requisition Number: 12979BR
Budget Business Unit: International Markets
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Working with our banking partners or third-party processors, the position is responsible for bringing projects to fruition and successfully resolving processing issues of varying complexity to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Participate in the pre and post sales process with the West Africa account teams in analyzing and providing subject matter expertise; Consultative support and proposing innovative solutions to specific/complex customer requirements; Collaborate with account teams in identifying revenue generating opportunities with key customers.
- Manages projects from the project inception to implementation
- Responsible for managing operational targets with Customers and/or the Processor Certification Plan with processors in key countries/markets
- Coordinates and integrates operations and technology activities with customers to leverage MasterCard assets to obtain mutual objectives
- Ensures activities, project assignments, problem resolution and reporting are coordinated
- Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and sets clear objectives
- Monitors process, progress and results
- Makes process improvements and changes to the project plan as necessary
- Support MasterCard advanced payment products through successful deployment.
- Manage and Support all Chip and Paypass implementations/migrations within the West Africa markets.
- Dynamically manages its own portfolio of projects by tracking progress, reporting to PMO (for Critical Projects) and Management and escalating when necessary
- Manages all operational issues and technical opportunities with top customer/processor accounts within assigned countries
- Manages financial issues such as settlement / billing failures & address them in a timely fashion.
- Manages all credit and debit operational issues for customers and/or processors and ensures compliance with all MasterCard technology enhancements.
- Serves as a central point of contact for customer issues, concerns and needs
- Takes time to understand and explore customer needs and acts at all times with the customer in mind
- Ensures problems of varying complexity are resolved to the customer's satisfaction
- Meets established deadlines and escalates issues which require additional resolution
- Ensures technical & network related issues are resolved as needed by coordination with other corporate departments
- Analyzes and improves operational performance and profitability through reviews; training and communication of operational enhancements
- Communicates and consults with members and/or processors regarding any operations and technology development opportunities
- Analyses customer performance and uses MasterCard’s tools to identify areas of concern or performance and manages the issue to successful resolution
- Ensures initiatives align with MasterCard business goals and processes are maintained to meet service and quality standards
- Uncovers customer needs and identifies corresponding MasterCard products and solutions that might fulfill those needs; makes business development and market development colleagues aware of the corresponding opportunity
Transfer of knowledge
- Undertakes customer training on-site on all aspects of MasterCard products and services
- Conduct country wide forums as required to keep customers abreast of all the latest technologies and compliance updates.
- Identifies Customer and Market needs that may require developments on the MasterCard infrastructure, and leverages the broader MasterCard organization (through the Regional portfolio manager) to get those developments prioritized and completed satisfactorily
- Travel required
- All other duties as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years relevant work experience with a core knowledge of data processing concepts and financial industry/banking operations practices
- Knowledge of the financial services and the payments/card industry
- Committed to quality with a strong focus on customer needs
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- A team player who easily builds relationships
- Work Location Nigeria - Lagos
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online.