Vacancies At True Tales Publications
Posted on: 7 February, 2014
Deadline: 20 March, 2014
View Jobs in Media / Radio / TV
View Jobs posted same day
True Tales Publications is recruiting to fill the vacant position of:
- We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated individual with experience and skills in web content development, writing and editing for the web.
- The website content developer will be responsible developing the voice for all aspects of the organisation’s online presence including our social media platforms (Instangram, Twitter, Facebook, etc). In addition to writing, editing, and proofreading site content, this person will also work closely with the technical team to maintain site standards with regard to new development.
- The website content developer will also be responsible for crafting site promotions, email newsletters, and online outreach campaigns. The successful candidate will work closely with technical, business development, and marketing members of our organisation, so strong communication skills are needed. The ideal candidate will also have experience managing online marketing and outreach campaigns. Tasks require a strong attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Create, develop and manage content for organisation’s web presence (requires working with content management software)
- Coordinate web projects across departments
- Maintain a consistent look and feel throughout all web properties
- Working with a cross-departmental team, maintain and develop the master content calendar for all web properties
- Keep current with emerging web technologies through relevant blogs, listservs, and events
- Assure web-based information is archived for future needs and reference
- Work cooperatively with key team members, clients and vendors
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Advanced knowledge of HTML and experience with popular content developing systems
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Basic Adobe Photoshop skills
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team 3-5 years experience managing content and production for high traffic websites
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing or a related field
- Passion, Integrity and Energy
go to method of application »
- Custom web application development.
- Developed with at least one CMS framework or web application framework.
- Employed a framework or extended an existing CMS with custom coding.
- Knowledgeable about accessibility or security compliance relevant in client’s sector and geographic location.
- Understands the underlying systems on which web applications are developed.
- Understands key server-side web development concepts such as:
- Integrating data or user accounts between multiple systems for a client.
- Integrating multiple databases and/or database types into one system.
- Managing a hosting environment, and has administered databases.
- Scaling an application and/or its hosting environment to support increases in traffic.
- Setting up or using a version control system, and manage control with file based assets and data.
- Implementing or working with content approval and staging workflows.
- Migrating data, scripting migration of data.
- Implementing, managing or using a backup system and disaster recovery.
- Securing data or access to applications with multiple user levels, or has the ability to customize based on user levels.
- Implementing or working with a template driven system with a clear separation between content and display.
- Outputting data in multiple document formats especially for digital ads.
- Working with multiple delivery platforms such as mobile versus desktop.
- Creating multilingual websites or applications.
- Creating and implementing database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Ensuring the quality of applications through unit testing.
Method of Application
Interested candidate should send CV to: email@example.com with job title as the subject.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Digital Marketing Interns at Paruto
- BBC World Service Recruitment for Head of West Africa Languages
- Marketing Manager at Monkey Media Limited
- Sales/Marketing Officers at Clement Ashley Consulting
- Programs Manager at She Leads Africa
- News Intern Recruitment at Bloomberg News
- Web Developers at Concise News
- Channels Television Recruitment for Marketing Executives