If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
GlaxoSmithKline GSK), one of the world's leading research based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. GSK employs over 97,000 employees in over 100 countries worldwide.
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria Plc is one of Africa's largest consumer healthcare companies, producing leading brands such as Lucozade, Ribena and Panadol.
GSK is recruiting to fill the position of:
Ref No: 041013-2
Location: Agbara, Ogun State
Reporting To: Finance Controller
This job exists to:
- Complete financial accounting of transactions in line with local entity accounting policies
- Prepare monthly financial data and complete month end accounting
- Prepare monthly schedules and various control account reconciliations.
- Financial accounting of all commercial transactions at GMS Site in compliance with financial & accounting policies issued by Corporate Finance. Plan and implement actions for proper accounts closing every month & complete proper reporting for Inventory, Payroll, Insurance, MIS, Schedules, and other reports every month/quarter/year as per timetables defined by Head Office.
- Organize the local timetables, data requirements, analysis and review of all financial exercises including Annual Plans, periodic forecast and monthly actual reporting.
- Co-ordinate the preparation and presentation of 3/1 Plan, Standard Cost and other financial plans.
- Monitor and recommend remedial actions on deviations from plan and standards in the areas of production performance, overheads expenditure, capital expenditure and working capital
- Ensure Inventory Controls at Receipt, Issue & Consumption points. Assist warehouse in preparing correct standard operating procedures (SOPs) and ensure that SOPs are in place & in use.
- Involved in physical Stock taking for RM/PM/FG on Monthly basis. Analyse the variances, ensure corrective entries, if any, are passed in the system by Warehouse after getting the required approvals.
- ABC classification of Engineering Stores items. Ensure Cycle counting of Engineering Stores to cover all A category items once in a year, B category items once in two years & all C category items once in three years.
- Ensure proper accounting of any potential write off / write back so as to ensure true financial position at any point in time. Keep audit trail of documents.
- Provide training to users on usage of correct codes in NIPP system.
- Maintain MFG-Pro cost accounting and financial database, including period close. Ensure proper accounting, analysis and reconciliation.
- Ensure that receipt of materials in MFG Pro & NIPP are on timely basis & all the documents required for payment booking are flowing to HOF on timely basis.
- Review with accounts payable on payment status on weekly basis & ensure 0% delay in payment to vendors.
- Review Supplier Suspense accounts on regular basis & clear all outstanding import materials transactions on regular basis.
- Review POs & ensure that all POs are issued at NDP except for the imported material bought through Logistic Dept where in the PO & receipt in system should be on Std Cost Basis.
- Ensure that the physical cash tallies with JDE balance & Cash book Balance.
- Liaise with Statutory & Internal auditors, ensure smooth & nil observations during audits.
- Prepare Insurance incident reports & liaise with Corporate Finance for filling Insurance Claims as & when required. Follow up for the outstanding claims & ensure proper accounting.
- Must be a Qualified Chartered Accountant
- Must possess at least 10 years experience in areas of Finance, Cost Management.
- Exposure in ERP & online working environments is preferred
- Must be computer literate.
- Sound knowledge of Excel, Power Point is essential.
- Sound knowledge of Cost accounting and cost management tools and techniques.
- Possess strong analytical skills & commercial acumen
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Apt communication skills for effective presentation of analytical results and driving decisions.
- Ability to think “Out of the Box”
- Be pro-active and drive changes.
- Team Player & should possess good inter personal skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online.