Nokia is committed to connecting people to what matters to them, giving them the power to make the most of every moment, everywhere, anytime. At Nokia, you have a personal opportunity in an inspiring environment to make a global difference. Build a career that you will be proud of. Go on an adventure everyday. Help shape a new era in the mobile industry. It’s your world. This is your moment to shape it.
Our culture is founded on openness, collaboration and honesty, with colleagues who are brilliant in their field, resilient, and above all, strive for the best.
We are driven by a better tomorrow, not just by past success. We make great products and services for millions of people, positively improving their daily lives. We are on a path where simplicity and “thinking big” can lead to great things.
If you are passionate about making a difference to new and existing Nokia users while growing your career, there has never been a better time to join us.
Nokia is looking at further developing our in-market capabilities in addressing channel and consumer needs. As a result, an opportunity has arisen to recruit a Regional Market Manager who would be able to provide leadership and direction to a team of Field Force Sales Representatives in order to better service our market. The person will report directly to the Business Manager West and Central Africa.
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Markets’ strategic goal is to maximize the sale of Nokia’s products, services and software, with a best-in-class demand supply model. The Markets team manages our supply chain, sales channels, communications and marketing initiatives, and is responsible for delivering our mobile solution offerings to the emerging markets, with a focus on opening new markets in West and Central Africa.
Sales’ mission is to maximize the sales of devices, services and software worldwide. Our highly professional Sales force operates on a truly global basis and is supported by a best-in-class Sales support function. The Sales unit strives to offer the consumer the best value across a wide range of markets. Sales is characterized by people with market-leading business insight, who are eager to be number one while achieving results in a sustainable manner.
IN MARKET SALES
Team goal is to drive the sell-through and sell-out optimization in the local market through various trade and channel partners, as well as through multiple channels. The team objective is to ensure the best range, availability and coverage of Nokia products in the defined territory.
- The person works in close cooperation with the Nokia Distribution Partner, while setting up entire new sales channels from scratch, for mobile phone, smart devices and accessories.
- Full management responsibility for sell-through and sell out for the country across our serviced channels.
- Rolling out and cascading sales targets in line with company objectives and goals
- Optimisation of stock levels, range, and availability throughout defined territory
- Ensure execution of Retail blueprints according to Sales Operations guidelines in and through the sales teams on the ground. Take full responsibility for the quality of execution at Retail in the defined territory.
- Execution of channel guidelines in line with Nokia policy.
- Build sustainable channel growth for Mobile Phones, Smart Devices, as well as Gear and Accessories in the country from scratch.
- Deployment of trade and consumer field marketing activities in line with Nokia policy and guidelines. Manage field communications and feedback to maximize success of Nokia initiatives.
- The person is expected to develop a strong business relationship with the Telecom Operators, and create leads for consumer and coporate channels.
- Execution of hourly/daily/weekly and monthly reporting mechanisms to ensure adequate communication flow from field to Head Office.
- The candidate must be a self starter, being able to work independently and remotely in a self motivated and self disciplined way.
- The candidate is able to ‘execute effectively’, and has a proven track record in delivering solid and sustainable sales growth in a prior sales/retail role.
- Candidates should have experience in managing small teams of people and setting tasks.
- Candidates should have the ability to work on a granular level, getting involved in day to day operations and resolving escalated issues from the Field Force.
- Candidates would need to have effective communication skills, as well as the ability to clearly articulate facts, tactics and strategies to senior management.
- We are looking for candidates who have a strong “follow through” skill set, and track, monitor and close pending items.
- The candidate should be prepared to travel within the country, as well as on occasion to Nokia Nigeria West and Central Africa Head Office (at least monthly).
- The candidate would be expected to build solid relationships at both wholesale and retail level.
- Candidate should have a strong reporting focus, both in terms of managing information from the field, as well as interpretation and onward consolidation into regular management reviews.
- Fluency in French and English is a mandatory requirement.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale