IITA is an international non-profitagricuiturai research-for-development (R4D) organization established in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees and a member of the CGIAR Consortium, Our R4D approach is anchored on the development needs of tropical nations. We work with partners to enhance croo quality and productivity. reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationaly recruited staff based in various stations across Africa. Please visit http://www.iita.org for more information on IITA.
The International InsUtute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable candicates for the positions below at the Institute's Headquarters in Ibadan.
Successful candidate wiil:
• closely with researchers to advice on policies, standards and workflows for acquisition, description, and preservation of digital collections inciuding text, images. audio, video and research data.
• Participating in the design and development of services to support preservation of and access to digitized and born-digital content.
• Developing architecture for managing and integrating heterogeneous metadata to facilitate interoperable discovery across systems.
• Assessing the requirements for the new data sets to add to digital repositories, identifying and assessing potential data sources and working with data owners to add data incrementally to digital repositories.
• Working with domain experts to understand the structure and relationships of data setsand design a representative ontology.
• Develop a comprehensive taxonomy for organizing information resources based on research and business goals and requirements from stakeholders.
Qualification and Experience
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA website: http//www.iita.org/careers The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant's current or previous organization or applicant's direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package. This application closes two weeks from the date of publication.