MultiChoice South Africa's activities involve the operation of Pay-Television and internet subscriber platforms. The MultiChoice South Africa group includes the digital satellite Pay-Television business ("DStv"), which has been in operation since 1995.
External factors which will influence the work environment:
- Competitive Global business environment
- Technology, Media and Telecommunications sector
- Pay television environment
- Digital media content environment
- Multi-cultural environment
- Regulated environment
- Fast changing environment
- Corporate governance ethos
- Dynamic organization
External individuals or groups, as well as individuals or groups within the organisation to whom products, services, programme and information is provided:
- Chief Executive Officer
- Channel Directors
- All business units within M-Net
- Media Sales
- Services and information which the individual must provide to external individuals or groups, as well as internally to accomplish the organization’s mission and strategy and objectives for all AfricaMagic West Channels.
- Liaise with relevant individuals regarding obtaining and managing programming and content for specialized channels.
- Implement the Strategic Positioning of the channels and increase audience figures.
- Effectively manage Channel budgets and continually implement cost efficient processes.
- Refine and effectively manage Programme Rights and ensure inventory is scheduled in a competitive, creative and in the most efficient manner global trends
- Drive commercial sales to generate appropriate consumer attention, as well as increase in revenue.
- Lead and manage all internal operations within relevant business units to ensure work flows are efficient, deadlines are met and excellent standards are delivered along the value chain.
- Ensure branding and marketing of all channels remains fresh, relevant and reflects the organization’s overall aims and objectives.
- Oversee the day by day scheduling, log editing and TX producing functions of the Channels to ensure smooth and fault-free transmission.
- Staying abreast of global and local programming and movie trends.
- Lead teams of competent, dedicated staff members and inspire them to achieve performance excellence.
- Actively and constructively contribute to the wide range of business, strategic, managerial and leadership issues that the Division’s management team deals with on a daily basis.
Desired Skills and Experience
(Personal capabilities which are critical to the production of quality outputs)
- Functional Knowledge
- Extensive knowledge and passion for African content
- Excellent knowledge of Pay TV industry & Pay TV operations
- Comprehensive knowledge of digital content industry
- Strong financial background and financial management experience
- General management experience
- Project, product, services & market feasibility analysis skills
- Economic and Market research experience
- Strategic planning and consulting experience
- A degree in related field, preferably with a post-graduate qualification
- Excellent Leadership skills
- Excellent networking and relationship building skills
- Strategic thinking
- Strong analytical thinking
- Excellent Judgment
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Calculated risk taking
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Investigative ability
- Quick response / bias for action
- Self confidence
Method of Application
If you wish to apply, please forward a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org The closing date for applications is 4 December 2013. Please note that if you have not received any feedback by 10 January 2014, your application has been unsuccessful.