Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development. The company made history on August 5, 2001 by becoming the first telecoms operator to launch commercial GSM services in Nigeria and has scored a series of many "firsts" in the highly competitive Nigerian telecommunications market including the first to introduce toll-free 24-hour customer care; first to launch service in all the six geo-political zones in the country; first to introduce affordable recharge denominations; first to introduce monthly free SMS and first to introduce monthly airtime bonus.
A truly innovative company, Airtel has showed resilience, charting new paths in meeting the demands and needs of its esteemed stakeholders and enhancing distribution as well as providing affordable services to empower more nigerians.
In Nigeria, Airtel is working tirelessly to live up to an ambitious vision of being the most loved brand in the daily lives of Nigerians as it offers a superior brand experience and a portfolio of innovative products & services ranging from exciting voice solutions to inventive data packages and mobile broadband.
We are recuriting to fill the vacant position:
1. Direct & Indirect Taxes Process Management (External Partner Management)
- Review of VAT Returns for accuracy, completeness and compliance
- Review of WHT Returns for accuracy, completeness and compliance
- Review of PAYE Tax Returns for accuracy, completeness and compliance
- Attendance and provision of explanations on issues raised by the State and Federal Internal Revenue Service during tax audit
- Attendance and co-ordination of post audit reconciliation meeting by the State and Federal Internal Revenue Service
- Co-ordinate collection of WHT certificate from FIRS for vendors
- Co-ordination of employees related tax forms for the issuance of Tax Clearance Certificate and Tax deduction cards
- Preparation of response to the State Internal Revenue Service tax audit queries
- Filing of annual employee PAYE returns
- Attendance to Internal and External Auditors’ queries and requests.
2. Direct & Indirect Tax Reporting
- Monthly reconciliation of VAT, WHT and PAYE general ledger accounts.
- Preparation of the PAYE and WHT tax status and other reports as requested by the group.
- Preparation of monthly Tax Report
- Respond to queries raised by the Group on Direct & Indirect Tax Matters.
3. Engaged Employees
- Establish performance expectations and regularly review individual performance
- Recommend appropriate rewards and recognition
- Desired Skills and Experience
No. of direct reports: 1
- Timely filing of tax returns and payment of taxes – VAT, WHT, PAYE.
- Timely collection of TCC for staff and WHT certificate for vendors
- Timely response to correspondences/queries from Tax Authorities
- Timely resolution of tax audit issues.
- Timely response to requests from Group
- Up-to-date reconciliation of tax accounts (GL)
Skills and Knowledge
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills
- Graduate Degree : B.Sc. /H.N.D Accounting , Membership of ICAN and CITN is a must.
- Relevant Experience
- 7-10 years of Tax practice experience and In-depth knowledge of the Nigeria Tax laws and regulations.
- Other requirements
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Excellent report writing skill
- Relationship management and Good interpersonal skills
go to method of application »
- Participates in the development of strategies, goals and objectives to enhance, sustain and build equity for the brand. Assists in the management and maintenance of resources, equipment and promotional materials. Represent the department and serves as the primary point of internal and external liaison
- ARS –Q1& Q2(to recur on a yearly basis)
- Responsible for evolving the leveraging plans for all Brand Assets by interfacing with the various departments: PR, Acquisitions, Media, Digital, VAS, Asset Owners, Co-Sponsors/Partners etc.
- Arsenal Q2/Q3/Q4
- Develops or assists with the development of operating policies and procedures consistent with those of the organization to ensure efficient and timely delivered projects.
- Big Brother Africa (BBA) Q2
- Research potential Assets that will enhance the units strategy and the overall business objectives
- Nigeria’s Got Talent (NGT) Sponsorship platform
- Recommends, implements, and administers methods and procedures to enhance operations
- MTV/Airtel Musical Tour Q3/Q4
- Responsible for planning, organizing, controlling and monitors logistical interfacing of all Brand Assets
- Leadership & Thought (Strategic Alliance): A Night of Influence Q3
- Reporting assets and determine measurement for assets.
- Assists in the supervision of personnel, which includes work allocation, and problem resolution
- Experiential activations& Events linked to big product/campaign launches
- Prepares and maintains weekly/monthly calendar of scheduled activities for unit; keeps appropriate personnel informed of calendar changes. Review and evaluates projects, and assists in developing or modifying programs to increase operational penetration and cost-effectiveness.
- Tactical and corporate event sponsorships
- Manages and coordinates operational activities including venue scheduling, menu planning, equipment needs and associated services. Identify any leveraging suitable sponsorships opportunities for national roll out to help project brand visibility / generate ROI. Activate/Execute agreed platforms in line with objectives and brand guidelines.
- Support Regional activation initiatives
- Oversees and coordinates the activities of multiple contractors, vendors, and suppliers; monitors and controls contracts for compliance, cost-effectiveness, quality, and adherence to specifications and stipulated standards. Supervises catered events at national and regional/zonal levels.
Desired Skills and Experience
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills
- A recognized university degree
- Good Degree from the Humanities and the social sciences
- Relevant Experience (Type of experience and minimum number of years)
- Local market knowledge and experience will be a key requirement
- College degree with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the field with at least 1 year at management level. .
Other requirements (Behavioural etc.)
- Achieving Business Success
- Delighting the customers
- Displaying Entrepreneurial Spirit
Method of Application
Click on preferred position to apply online.
Manager - Direct & Indirect Taxes
Manager - Brand Assets
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale