Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria - We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group's people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
We are recruiting for the position of :
A.) To provide business stakeholders and committees with:
- A point of contact in the country with respect to Group Internal Audit (GIA)
- GIA’s view on significant risks within the business(es) and an assessment as to whether these risks are being adequately managed and escalated if appropriate
B.) To assist the Head of Audit in:
- Preparing Country Audit Needs/ Risk Assessments and detailed audit plans;
- An assessment on the appropriateness of the audit plans
- An anticipatory approach to risk assessment to GIA by highlighting issues through good stakeholder communication in order to improve audit planning;
C.) To carry out reviews and assist in establishing an effective Country Audit function that:
- Provides independent assurance to relevant stakeholders on the state of the Country control environment and control
- Assists in carrying out Audits and reviews in other countries as required by the Country/ Regional Head of Audit from time to time.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Risk Assessment :
- Ensure early identification and escalation of risks, issues, trends and developments to relevant stakeholders. Be prepared to raise issues/concerns outside the normal audit process;
- Adopt an anticipatory approach to risk assessment through stakeholder communication and monitoring of external environment to improve audit planning;
- Delivery of the agreed audit plan for the country / region as assigned; understanding the key audit issues arising and escalating any significant audit findings that remain unresolved;
- Attend Business Operational Risk Committee (BORC) meetings on a regular basis;
- Review country MIS regularly, and update country Risk Assessment on a six monthly basis
- Audit Planning/Design :
- Assist the Country Head of Audit to develop an annual audit plan that meets the Group & Audit Committee’s expectations.
- Audit Activity – Country Audit, Control Review, Risk Review, Specific Reviews & Continuous Monitoring
- Carry out audits to ensure that the Internal Audit's mandate and business goals are met and professional standards are maintained at all times.
- Execute audit and review assignments to provide independent, objective assurance to the Audit Committee.
- Ensure GIA methodology is adhered to
- Ensure Country Audit activity is sufficient to meet the requirements/expectations of local Regulators
- Issue Resolution and follow up
- Ensure issues raised are appropriately resolved in a timely manner
- Ensure appropriate follow up of issues and escalations where appropriate.
- Reporting, Communication & Engagement
- Ensure final reports are delivered for review by Country Head of Audit with all recommendations agreed and accepted by the audited individual/group.
- Delivery of country MIS in respect of the activity undertaken to Country Head of Audit;
- Conduct / attend regular stakeholder meetings
- Improving the Practice of Audits/Championing Risk Management
- Build relationships with leaders across the country to understand issues and identify areas for improvement for the organisation as a whole.
- Share best practice to improve the control environment; make recommendations to Country Head of Audit
Qualifications & Skills
- Institute of Internal Auditors or equivalent finance qualification (ACCA, CPA, ACA etc.) with Internal Audit experience preferred.
- 10 -15 years relevant experience - Internal Audit roles, in a bank or related area will be an advantage.
- Team player able to work effectively with diverse client groups
- Good communicator with an ability to gain the respect from peers, management and business stakeholders;
- Confident and courageous to raise concerns and issues with Country Head of Internal Audit.
- Self directed and able to work with minimum supervision; escalating issues in appropriately and in a timely manner;
- Strong analytical and evaluation ability
- Strong interpersonal skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online. Note: When the page opens, at the Location dropdown, select Nigeria-SCB and click Search, then click Senior Audit Manager