Propcom Mai-karfi is a six year DFID- funded programme that started in December 2011. The goal of this six year programme is increased incomes for the poor through enhanced employment opportunities in Northern Nigeria. The purpose is increased employment and improved productivity in selected agricultural market systems in Northern Nigeria.
An exciting opportunity has come up to join a fantastic team working in a challenging and rewarding environment. The vacancy is attractive for first-class candidates with great technical ability matched with a drive and desire to make a difference.
Project title: Support to Free Movement of Persons and Migration in West Africa
Job Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Duration: 50 months
go to method of application »
The successful candidate will contribute to the programme by:
- Assisting the programme Senior Monitoring Specialist to enhance and run the results measurement system.
- Being able to relate outputs to the programme log frame and carry out programme monitoring as per the requirements of the DCED system of Results Measurement.
- Reviewing the programme’s goals and objectives and work towards helping the programme team gather necessary quantitative and qualitative data to support future programme work.
- Managing the Results Measurement team, coordinate activities between the team and the Market team. Conduct results measurement including analysing information to refine strategy and implementation of the programmes work.
- Ensuring results measurement information is analysed and used for decision making and learning.
- Ensuring that the in-house Results Measurement team carry out investigations and fact-finding missions as appropriate and relevant to programme needs.
- Commissioning and / or lead research initiatives and assist with research design and analysis.
- Contributing to programme reporting and communications for donors, and other stakeholders.
- With other senior members of the RM team, take the lead in specific research initiatives for, and consequently develop RM strategies for specific themes such as poverty, gender, climate and environment and other themes as required.
The chosen candidate will need to demonstrate the ability to work with a great team who possess outstanding skills by meeting following key requirements:
- A Master’s degree (preferable in a relevant discipline such as Economics or Business)
- At least 2 to 5 years “working knowledge” and experience in supervising results measurement teams/activities.
- Extensive experience in managing a team and collaborate and coordinate between different teams to achieve objectives
- Working experience with DCED guidelines is an asset
- Experience with a donor-funded project (DFID project experience desirable)
- Strong skills in qualitative and quantitative research
- Good written and verbal skills in English
- Proficiency in use of excel for analysis is essential, Excel certificates are an asset
- Preferably experience with working in or with rural sectors of the economy and knowledge of the institutions and organizations and/or businesses that provide services to the rural economy in Nigeria
- Previous experience of working in West Africa (desirable)
- Meticulous and detail oriented, able to work under own initiative
- Good interpersonal skills, and ability to work in highly coordinative roles and in cross cultural teams
- Willingness to travel to different parts of Nigeria
Method of Application
If you have what it takes to make a huge difference through this dynamic and rewarding project please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 08th November 2013 stating ‘Results Measurement Supervisor – Propcom Mai karfi’ in the subject line and state where you saw this advertisement. Results Measurement/ M&E Supervisor