As a senior member of the country team in Nigeria to contribute to the development and management of the country programme including mainstreaming the cross cutting issues across all programmes.
Deputy Country Director Objective 1:
Programming and Technical Integration and coordination.
• Provides support to the Technical Coordinators and Programme Managers ensuring the effective delivery of activities and the successful integration of activities with all other aspects of ACF programming.
• In partnership with the Technical Coordinators, lead the program development process to ensure the creation of robust and appropriate programs that meet the values and objectives of ACF as an organization and donor requirements and expectations to ensure ongoing funding.
• Responsible for the promotion of technical integration and sensitization of staff on its applications including mainstreaming gender, disability, DRM and PQA.
• Regular field visits to operation areas and bases and participate in exploratory missions, generating recommendations and lessons learnt reports to share within the mission.
• Capitalization of integration and reporting information and data as well as to ensure quality reporting within given deadlines.
• Leads on the development and rollout of new and more effective systems to improve program implementation and monitoring.
• Regular participation in Coordination meetings at the capital and field level. Ensures that weekly/monthly coordination meetings take place in a regular basis
• Supports the Country Director on the ethics within the org, whistle blow, fraud, conflict of interest, child protection, sexual harassment
• Assist in developing program strategy that is responsive to the dynamic needs of the most vulnerable populations built on the program strengths of ACF Pakistan and globally.
• Proactively identify new programming opportunities
• Responsible for the relevance and contextual appropriateness of ACF projects in country.
• Lead proposal preparation through promotion of needs-based proposal writing.
• Lead donor / project report writing process, consolidate and prepare completed reports for donor submission
Objective 2: Partnerships. Activities:
• Assist the Country Director in identification of partners including potential donors, government counterparts and other non-governmental organizations and maintain partnerships process.
• In coordination with CD and coordinators, represent ACF in partnership-related meetings at a strategic level and in technical forums
Objective 3: Monitoring and Evaluation. Activities:
• Capitalization and institutionalization of M&E results and management of the PQA department and its functions.
• Ensure that ACF team develops and implements programme monitoring plans; provide inputs to ensure that quality monitoring are done by respective staff members at various levels and donor compliance is met.
• Ensure that best practices and lessons learned are captured and shared across the team as well as across the organization.
Objective 4: Communications and Visibility Issues.
• Assist Country Director for management of communications activities
• Work together with CD and technical coordinators to initiate advocacy and lobbying nationally and with ACF International.
• Assist CD at country level to develop press packets, briefings, talking point, media intervention, hosting journalist visits, etc.
• Assist CD to ensure proper visibility and organizational communications. (logos, letterhead, pictures, posters, etc.)
• Performs any other duties and tasks requested of them, which are commensurate with the responsibilities and level of the post.
• Advanced University degree (Masters) preferably in health & nutrition, development and/or political/humanitarian studies or equivalent.
• Nigerian national
• Significant experience with INGOs in recovery and complex emergencies. Previous experience with partnerships and alliances an asset.
• Proven management and coordination skills (HR, projects, and stress management).
• Proven ability to translate analysis and evaluation into operational planning and strategy.
• Experience with evaluations and monitoring as well as PCM.
• Advanced knowledge of donors’ guidelines and procedures (ECHO, UNICEF, DFID, OFDA, etc.)
• Ability to work in a mainstreamed manner and analyze/capitalize institutionalized information.
• Good diplomatic and negotiation skills
• Disciplined and able to work and arrive at decisions autonomously and with minimal guidance.
• Fluent in English (professional English).
• Excellent drafting and writing skills.
• Experienced in similar positions in international NGOs.
• Experience working in Northern Nigeria
• Hausa speaker
Apply by email to: email@example.com