The USAID supported Malaria Action Program for States (MAPS), is a 5 year project implementing USAID mandate of improving malaria control at scale in seven states namely; Benue, Cross-River, Ebonyi, Kogi, Nasarawa, Oyo and Zamfara. Malaria Consortium (MC), one of the implementing partners of the MAPS project, now seeks to employ professionals with expertise in Implementing Malaria programme activities; in the Cross River, Nasarawa and Zamfara State field offices.
The Malaria implementation officers will be based each in the following locations; Cross-River, Nasarawa and Zamfara state offices. The officers will be responsible for direct implementation of Malaria technical activities as well as the control of Malaria at the State, LGA, health facilities and grass-root levels; under the MAPS project. S/he will represent the project in Malaria Technical Group and other relevant health coordinating committees with approval from the State Coordinator.
Additional key responsibilities will include;
• Coordinate the implementation of state-based activities on malaria prevention (including LLlN distribution, use and monitoring);
• Provide support for malaria case management (diagnosis and treatment) within the State; including support for LMIS;
• Provide technical support at the State levels to improve intermittent preventive therapy for pregnant women;
• Support monitoring and evaluation of project activities as well as State M&E activities;
• Provide technical support for capacity building on malaria techncial areas including training of personnel at the State
Ministry of Health and other health facilities within the State;
• Provide technical expertise at the State level to the SMCP as it relates to all issues on capacity building for the management of malaria control;
• The officers based in Cross River and Zamfara maybe requested to support programme activites across the Southern and Northern States ofthe programme respectively;
Terms and Conditions of Employment: The appointment term will be a period of 2-years, with an initial 6 months probationary period. The programme offers very competitive salary packages. Local terms and conditions will apply.
Interested candidates should submit an application and a copy of their recent CV through the appropriate link at www.gridconsulting.net All applications must be submitted latest Thursday, 31st October, 2013. Please note, that only shortlisted
candidates will be contacted for an interview.