Senior Gender Specialist at Technoserve Inc.
Posted on: 10 May, 2011
Deadline: 24 May, 2011
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at TechnoServe
Technoserve, Inc. is an international nonprofit development organization founded in 1968. Its mission is to help entrepreneurial men and women in poor rural areas of the developing world to build businesses that create jobs, income and economic opportunity for their families, their communities and their countries,
Since registering as a Nigerian nonprofit organization in 2010, TechnoServe Nigeria has engaged in collaboration with key public and private partners to build a common vision for the future of agriculture in Nigeria. We have worked across several sectors including cocoa, poultry and feed grains, and have executed projects for Adamawa State, Unilever and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
Senior Gender Specialist
Advanced degree in gender studies, sociology, anthropology or related field • Minimum of 5 years experience in best practice gender integration in economic development
• Preferably a recognized gender expert in the field, with first-hand knowledge of gender priorities of leading donor agencies and/or other key institutions
• Practical field-based development/nonprofit sector experience essential. Experience in design and implementation of M4P programs preferred Native English speaker, Hausa a plus • Proven ability to operate effectively in a multi-cultural environment -Excellent communications skills, written and verbal-Strong diplomatic skills to support effective work through implementing partners - Strong writing, Excel and PowerPoint presentation skills.
Establish and grow relationships with TechnoServe gender thought partners in Nigeria - Work with TechnoServe staff and thought partners to ensure that gender considerations are fully integrated into the design of a six-year market development program in Northern Nigeria
• Conduct a robust gender analysis of socio-cultural and economic gender constraints facing women within the target beneficiary population; recommend gender initiatives needed to meet program targets for women's participation
• Design and implement program gender strategy, including management of women-focused special initiatives - Mainstream gender into the staffing, participant recruitment, activities and M&E of the program
• Design and conduct gender sensitization training for TechnoServe staff, implementation partners and beneficiaries - Conduct periodic program gender evaluations; recommend and implement course corrections, as necessary. Monitor program performance and contribute content for internal and external reporting. Design and conduct robust gender impact evaluation at the close of the program.
Method of Application
To apply, please e-mail cover letter.CV, salary history and 3 professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org and CC email@example.com.
Please place the position as the subject title. No phone calls please.
Application closes 2weeks from date of publication.
Only individuals identified as "short-listed candidates" will be contacted.
TechnoServe is an equal opportunity employer.
For more Vacancies currently available in TechnoServe, Please visit our website. http://technoserve.org/
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about TechnoServeSimilar Jobs
- Human Resource Manager at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Latest Job Opening at Oxfam
- Fresh Jobs at Action Against Hunger | ACF International
- Job Vacancy at Adam Smith International
- Project Manager at Hope for HIV/AIDS
- Job Vacancy at The United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Fresh Vacancy at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Graduate Copy Editors at Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION)