Pastry Chef at a Luxury 5-Star Hotel - eRecruiter Nigeria Limited
Posted on: 9 October, 2017
Deadline: 12 December, 2017
View Jobs in Hospitality
View All Jobs at eRecruiter Nigeria
eRecruiter Nigeria Limited - Our client, is a luxury 5-star Hotel located in Kano, with over 18 years’ experience in the hospitality industry in Nigeria.
- We are looking for an experienced Pastry Chef to prepare a variety of desserts, pastries or other sweet goods.
- Your skill in baking high quality treats should be matched by your creativity to develop new amazing tastes and recipes.
- The ideal candidate will be well-versed in culinary arts with a passion for sweet and delicious creations.
- They must adhere to health and safety standards to provide clients with the best possible serving.
- The goal is to enhance customer satisfaction so that we can maintain and expand our clientele.
- Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread etc. following traditional and modern recipes
- Create new and exciting desserts to renew our menus and engage the interest of customers
- Decorate pastries using different icings, toppings etc. to ensure the presentation will be beautiful and exciting
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar etc. and make appropriate orders within budget
- Check quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking
- Guide and motivate pastry assistants and bakers to work more efficiently
- Identify staffing needs and help recruit and train personnel
- Maintain a lean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health and safety standards
- Proven 3-4 years 4-5 Star Hotel relevant work experience as Pastry Chef, baker is a must
- Great attention to detail and creativity
- Must be proficient in the use of Opera and Micros
- Organizing and leadership skills
- Willingness to replenish professional knowledge
- In depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation and baking techniques and nutrition
- Working knowledge of baking with ingredient limitations (pastries that are gluten free, sugarless etc.)
- Certificate in culinary arts, pastry-making, baking or relevant field
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to eRecruiter Nigeria career website on jobs.erecruiterafrica.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about eRecruiter NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Latest Jobs at Box Residence
- Cost Controller at Lilygate Hotel
- Jobs at BP Business Solutions
- Restaurant & Bar Manager at Nameless Restaurant & Bar
- Sales Manager at Hilton Worldwide
- Accounting Roles at Tusen Consulting Limited
- Front Desk Officer at Box Residence
- Waitress/Waiter/Barman at Citadel Hotel and Suites - Patjeda Group