Hello Tractor is a social enterprise focused on improving food and income security throughout sub-‐Saharan Africa. Our low-‐cost “Smart Tractor” pairs its owner with hundreds of farmers, requesting and pre-‐paying for tractor services via SMS messages. We coordinate this pairing seamlessly through our cloud-‐booking platform.
Hello Tractor has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced engineer who can work at a high level across the enterprise. You will be working with a world-‐class team of professionals who are passionate about what they do and will expect no less from you. Having an insatiable hunger for learning new technologies and improving existing ones is key. Passion to apply technology to meet the needs of low-‐income farmers is an absolute must. If it is a good mutual fit, you will pay attention to details and take great pride in your work.
We’re looking for people who are passionate about creating great web applications. Are you as comfortable composing efficient layouts that work well across various screen sizes and densities as you are debugging performance issues in the persistence layer? Then we need you!
Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating front-end elements into the application. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well.
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
- At least 3 years experience building web products – frontend and backend ( you will be required to provide links and sample work)
- Proficiency building applications using PHP, MySQL, Redis
- Experience using the Laravel framework (version 5.2.*) and a lot of Laravel packages
- Experience designing and building APIs and webhooks
- At least four years engineering experience, a large portion of which in a team environment
- Deep understanding of relational databases
- Solid competency with SQL
- Strong UX and design sensibilities, and a desire to sweat the small stuff
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Familiarity with Scrum and Agile Methodologies
- Prior experience with or knowledge of large scale, high volume systems
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and empathy
- Self-awareness and a desire to continually improve
- BSc in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience working in a startup
- Experience with web development, distributed systems and parallel processing
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Hello Tractor career website on www.hellotractor.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale