Civil Structural Design Engineer at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
Posted on: 10 August, 2017
Deadline: 16 August, 2017
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
Job Type: Contracts
Job Nature: Normal (Minimum 8 hours per day)
- Provides direct and specific design engineering support in the Structural Engineering area to assigned project teams within the Nigerian Project Organization.
- Performs the assigned technical tasks in a format agreed upon between the Project Manager (PM) and the Design Engineering Services Manager (DESM). Ensures that the tasks can be completed within the framework of EMCAPs and within an agreed timeframe.
- Identifies, defines, and performs the assigned tasks, including finalizing pre-requisite tasks or information.
- Updates and reports the progress of deliverables to the PM and DESM on a regular basis.
- Coordinates / oversees design contractor activities in the process discipline area for assigned projects.
- Continually assesses refinements/changes and recommends updates for the maintenance of specifications and standards used in the Projects Department including the Global Practices (GP), Design Management Manual (DMM) and the Design Execution References (DER).
- Responsible for coordinating reviews, endorsement and final approval for changes to these specifications and guidelines using Projects' MoC procedures.
- Ensures that all relevant aspects of the quality assurance and control (QA/QC) programs and procedures are strictly followed in the performance of all work.
- Ensures the integration of the requirements of the Operations Integrity Management System (OIMS) in all work, tasks or deliverables.
- Follows and implements the established project objectives and strategies in all work. This includes maintaining MPN production at established levels as well as providing safe, economic, and efficient proposals to enhance hydrocarbon recovery or to increase associated facility integrity.
- Performs ad hoc medium and long term technical design engineering studies aimed at improving project engineering effectiveness, including risk, constructability, design and execution assessments.
- Provides continual interface with external departments, especially Loss Prevention, Development Planning, Facilities Engineering, Facilities Operations Technical Engineering and all core JV Operations groups.
- When assigned the role of Lead Design Engineer (LDE) for a specific design engineering services Work Order, represents MPN, coordinates design activities and interfaces with Project Engineer (PE) to align design work with project objectives.
Responsibilities (Duties Performed)
- Functionally reports to Design Supervisor and performs activities with Process Advisor support and direction. In the role of LDE, works with PE (Project Engineer) to define design objectives in order to align contractor and design team activities to meet project goals.
- Applies sound technical and engineering knowledge and best practices to project teams in compliance with approved MPN standards and specifications. Prepares documents required to incorporate changes or deviations to design practices and standards (GP) and the PDB (Project Design Basis) per Projects' change management procedures (Project Change Notice). In the role of LDE, logs each proposed change / deviation and coordinates the review and approval process.
- Directly accountable for the quality of the design product within the process discipline area. Monitors design consultant's engineering work quality. Ensures design consultants are familiar with, and utilize, MPN standards, specifications and practices. Reviews design packages from inception to start-up per MPN Spec requirements. Participates in project milestone drawing reviews, process hazard assessments (HAZOP's, etc.), design assessments, constructability reviews, etc.
- In the role of LDE, leads development of contractor's design review packages, coordinates the meetings, stewards the review process and ensures the response to the contractor is coordinated and clearly communicated then appropriately stewarded through close-out.
- Defines requirements, evaluates alternatives and recommends solutions for technical issues within his discipline area.
- Reviews design philosophies with Design Advisors. In the role of LDE, reviews with, and gains endorsement of, design philosophies with discipline engineers, advisors, PT as well as other affected groups within MPN.
- Identifies, defines, obtains endorsement, and recommends the application of new technologies for specific designs.
- Interfaces with other members of the DES group to provide a multi-disciplined approach to project design.
- Provides technical support for the design consultant contracting process. In the role of LDE, leads the design contracting process,
- i.e., development of the Job Specification, Request for Services, technical / commercial evaluation and award.
- In the role of LDE, responsible for design phase coordination / management and formally accepts design drawings and documentation, maintains project design files, and tracks technical issues / deviations until resolved. Ensures the design consultant meets all technical and non-technical contractual obligations and provides relevant results to the PT.
- Monitors contractor's cost / progress performance and takes corrective action when required. Reviews and endorses design contractor's invoices.
- Reviews design drawings and technical specifications for equipment purchases and participates in kickoff meetings.
- Provides orientation assistance and mentoring for new DES staff including newly hired engineers and ExxonMobil internal transfers.
- Assists with development, improvement and stewardship of DES group processes and procedures (OIMS System 3-2, DMM, etc).
- Frequent contact with DA's, DESM, and PT's is expected. Regular contact with other NPO groups, other Departments within MPN and with consultants/contractors is also expected. Regular status / progress updates to DA's, DS, DESM, and PE's are required.
- Proficiency in project-specific tools, applications and languages. SDLC experience.
- B.Sc. / B. Tech in Computer Science or related field. Minimum Second Class Upper Division
- MCSA (Web Applications or Universal Windows Platform) or higher Microsoft certification
- Minimum 3 years post NYSC experience
- Design Engineer, Structural with Offshore Experience
- Programming in VB.NET
- T-SQL knowledge
- Programming Visual Basic for Applications
- Developing solutions using Microsoft Sharepoint and Infopath forms
- Web applications development
- HTML programming.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Amaiden Energy Nigeria career website on amaidenenergy.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Amaiden Energy NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Subsurface Technical Manager at WTS Energy
- 2018 Internship Recruitment (Undergraduate) at Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL)
- Internal Audit Assistant at Trithel International Consulting Limited
- Geophysics Acquisition Project Leader and Reservoir Engineer (Expat) at Onstream Group
- Consultant – Oil & Gas – Petroleum Asset EXcellence (PAX) Upstream at McKinsey & Company
- Fresh Jobs at Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited (PPNL)
- Latest Job Vacancies at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Procurement Manager at Energi Talent Resourcing