If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Ref No: 2954824
Job Function: Sales
Business Segment: Energy Connections Headquarters
- Energy Consulting, a part of GE Energy Connections, offering our global clients (external & internal GE) a wide range of solutions across the entire spectrum of power generation, delivery and utilization.
Energy Consulting is divided into four Practice Areas: Power Economics, Power Systems Operation and Planning (PSOP), Global Power Projects, and Software:
- Our Power Economics team offers analyses focused on understanding and study of the financial and physical operation of the electric power systems including generation and grid planning, system optimization, asset valuation, competitive power markets and energy policy implications. Our Power Systems Operation and Planning team utilizes their deep knowledge of connected power grid planning, design, operation, and life-cycle management, to offer customized solutions to our global clients and other GE businesses.
- The Global Power Projects group supports new and upgraded thermal power plants with grid code testing, PSS settings, and power plant monitors (TSRs and TSAs) as well NPI, model development, field testing, and proposal support for GE Wind projects and proposals.
- The Software COE develops and licenses several different software products and has over 700 users worldwide of EC’s Concorda Suite of software tools to assess the economics, performance, and reliability of interconnected power systems. Energy Consulting also offers a full range of power system education courses through our Power Systems Engineering Course (PSEC).
This position is for a Lead Engineer with a focus on Power Systems Operations & Planning, within Energy Consulting, working across the organization:
- Contribute to multiple project teams to perform technical analysis of electric power system.
- Perform power system load flow, stability and transient studies.
- Compile results from technical analysis to produce detailed, concise, analytical reports.
- Document and present project findings and deliverables.
- Prepare proposals based on expressed customer needs.
- Develop projects with customers; manage contracts to ensure technical, schedule and cost objectives are met; actively participate in identifying and cultivating new customers and business opportunities; lead preparation of proposals; and make customer presentations.
- Contribute to GE Energy Connections systems engineering activities including studies, internal product and service support, sales and marketing functions.
- Provide product development and technical support to GE businesses as required.
- Actively participates in a working environment where teamwork, quality, customer service and innovation are prized.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in electrical, or electric power engineering
- At least 5 years of professional experience in electrical engineering, power system planning or electric power engineering
- Understanding of power systems phenomena and power systems equipment: generation, transmission, distribution and industrial
- Good level of proficiency with key software analytical tools, e.g., PSLF, PSS/e, Matlab, PSCAD/ EMTDC, EMTP, Python, DigSILENT, ASPEN, ETAP
- Proficiency with office productivity software e.g. MS Office, Visio, MS Project
- Ability and willingness to travel a 10 - 20% of the time, as required
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
- Advanced degree in electrical, mechanical or electric power engineering from an accredited university or college
- Experience with preparation of technical proposals.
- Experience with analysis, design, or operation of electric power systems.
- Experience with powerflow, stability and transient analysis.
- Experience with power system dynamic model development.
- Understanding of power grid interactions with power plant equipment and controls
- Understanding of protection design concepts for major power systems equipment
- Understanding of controls concepts for grid-interactive power systems equipment
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills suitable for making presentations to internal and external customers
- Demonstrated capability to complete projects on-time and on-budget as either individual contributor or project manager
- Industry participation IEEE / CIGRE, ASME, AWEA, PE with published papers in one or more technical societies
- Pending or awarded patents
- Six Sigma training is preferred (GE only)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to GE - General Electric career website on jobs.gecareers.com to apply