Senior Medical Officer (SMO) at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
Posted on: 7 August, 2017
Deadline: 9 August, 2017
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
Job Type: Contracts
- Supervises the clinical activities of outpatient/external care, hospitalization and report to the CMO.
- Maintain hierarchical supervisory functions over medical personnel under his responsibility.
- To prevent the deterioration of Employees health due to their work environment
- Respond to statutory demands regarding the prevention of risks in the workplace
- Ensure his activities are in compliance with Group and Subsidiary HSE rules International and Nigerian rules of occupational Medicine.
- Management & Employees Adviser for the Health at Work.
- Provide high standard Medicare for all entitled patients – staff, dependants, retirees, retiree spouse, and contracted personnel in emergencies
- Receive and manage all medical emergencies at all times. 24/7;
- Supervise referral cases and follow-up care of referred patients;
- Write and receive medical reports and sick-offs;
- Manage our relationship with retainer clinics and specialists for referred patients, cost optimization, quality of service and concerns of patients;
- Provides systematic tracking of diseases through Health surveillance and therefore prevent serious pathologies.
- Inform collectively through preventive campaigns and issue medical alerts/ Advisory to management and staff in situations of disasters and epidemic.
- Ensure compliance with the medical policies of the company in all activities
- Provide international standard Medicare within budget;
- Monitor for quality assurance, the standard of care received from our retainer ship clinics and specialist.
- Ensure best practice and compliance with Regulatory bodies for the Medical Personnel under his responsibility;
- Work to achieve, Subsidiary Company HSE objectives and mitigate adverse impact on health and well being of accidents, etc.
This position is accountable to the CMO for:
- Quality of medical practices, to reduce cost of care and lost time from work.
- Controlling the number of referrals, cost of treatment in-house and in retainer clinics, and other sources of expenditure to ensure respect of budgetary provisions.
- Bachelor of Medicine,
- Bachelor of Surgery,
- Diploma in Emergency Medicine,
- Diploma in Medicine de Catastrophe,
- Diploma in Occupational Medicine.
- Strong experience in Tropical Medicine/Occupational Medicine and at least 15 years post-qualification experience.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Amaiden Energy Nigeria career website on amaidenenergy.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Amaiden Energy NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Subsurface Technical Manager at WTS Energy
- 2018 Internship Recruitment (Undergraduate) at Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL)
- Internal Audit Assistant at Trithel International Consulting Limited
- Geophysics Acquisition Project Leader and Reservoir Engineer (Expat) at Onstream Group
- Consultant – Oil & Gas – Petroleum Asset EXcellence (PAX) Upstream at McKinsey & Company
- Fresh Jobs at Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited (PPNL)
- Latest Job Vacancies at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Procurement Manager at Energi Talent Resourcing