Technical Assistant at an Oil & Gas Company - Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
Posted on: 13 July, 2017
Deadline: 19 July, 2017
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Hamilton Lloyd and Associates - Our client, an Oil and Gas company operating in the different dimensions of the Nigerian Oil and Gas space. Due to internal expansion, they are looking to recruit suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below
Department: Group Chief Executive Officer’s Office
Reports To: The Group Chief Executive Officer
- The Technical Assistant will provide administrative and technical support to the GCEO to ensure the highest standards and efficient running of the office.
- He/She Will ensure that technical and administrative tasks are completed in a timely manner to support the technical personnel in the delivery of the specific piece of work or project.
- He/She will also ensure governance and compliance with legislation and industry standards and provide strategic advice in consultation with key stakeholders.
- Generally responsible for the GCEO’s office from a technical and administrative standpoint.
- Periodically review, update and clarify the Group and Subsidiaries’ strategies with clear deliverables and actionable implementation timelines.
- Work closely with the GCEO and GCOO to midwife and superintend new initiatives and business strategies / growth areas within the Group.
- Support technical personnel with project support duties.
- Conduct research, create reports and maintain records with a view to produce relevant and accurate statistics necessary for decision making.
- Provide input to technical studies/research projects, technical reports, project planning, etc.
- Undertake data analysis, identify and investigate variations.
- Develop and maintain technical databases and spreadsheets.
- Establish, develop, and maintain electronic filing systems.
- Respond to external requests for information.
- Liaise with internal and external customers.
- Control internal and external documentation.
- Handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Take phone calls relating to complex projects.
- Supervise the EA to the GCEO and all his responsibilities to the GCEO.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Develop and produce corporate governance codes and products in line with the organisational business framework, timetable and processes, including the production of the Organisational Delivery Plan, Organisational Management Statement and Annual Governance Statement.
- Work with the Chairman and GCEO to define, constitute and operationalise Board and Management committees required for the effective governance of the Group.
- Monitor compliance by management with standing delegations from the board (or governing body) and report any breaches.
- Monitor key performance and risk measures across all departments against agreed thresholds and trigger levels and escalate breaches to appropriate committee or management for review and action.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives.
- Develop, implement and review effective strategic risk and business continuity management processes.
- Identify new legislation and legislative changes impacting on the organisation; target dissemination to the wider organisation including an assessment of impact and requirements associated with the change.
- Work with the GCEO to manage the initial stage of the Corporate Change Framework (explore, evaluate and define) for New Business Initiatives and proposals from the business to ensure that they are in accordance with organisational priorities and direction.
- Provide advice in the development and implementation of the organisation’s strategic directions.
- Identify emerging trends and issues as they relate to corporate governance and other areas of functional responsibility.
- Prepare meeting agendas, packs of supporting information and minutes (for example for director, committee and sub-committee meetings).
- Chase responsible parties for submissions to be included in meeting packs to ensure meeting agendas can be effectively addressed.
- Attend and take minutes of Board, Committee and Sub-Committee meetings as required.
- Collate risk and performance metrics from all areas of the business and ensure that they are made available to management periodically (typically at board, committee and sub-committee meetings).
- Track decisions and decision process for decisions that require board and top level committee approvals (e.g management committees).
- Ensure that such decisions are documented in the relevant committee packs with any accompanying information that is presented in the lead up to such decisions.
- Seek regular update on all open decisions taken by committees and management – collate submissions for committee and board packs.
- Provide advice on the Code of Meeting Practice, Code of Conduct and other governance policies.
- Ensure that the organisation meets its statutory responsibilities.
- Minimum of B.Sc/HND plus M.Sc./MBA
- Minimum of 5 years’ senior management experience in a similar role
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge, skills and abilities in the following areas:
- Ability to write letters, emails, summaries etc and issue clear guidance.
- Good numeric and negotiation skills
- Sound analytical and investigative skills.
- Ability to solve straightforward and complex problems
- Political awareness and the ability to escalate issues to Management.
- Ability to progress work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Enthusiastic and self motivated
- Positive attitude and ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to work within set timescales and meet deadlines.
- Tactical, analytical and creative.
- Welcoming, friendly and proactive approach.
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to multi-task and organise others.
- Sound understanding of corporate governance, risk management, records management and corporate communications.
- Proven capacity to develop policy and to contribute to change management initiatives.
- Understanding of corporate information systems and the capacity to develop, adapt and utilize technology to ensure continuous improvement in services.
- Experience in program management including staff supervision, financial management, service planning and review.
- Experience in strategic and business planning within a large organisation, showing innovation, co-ordination, prioritisation and organisation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, adaptable to all levels of the organisation with the experience, confidence and credibility to communicate complex or specialist information to a non-specialist audience, facilitate workshops and deliver presentations.
- Confident and ability to develop and effectively deliver corporate governance policies and strategy, including designing and implementing a risk management and business continuity process incorporating assessment and evaluation.
- Proven research skills and an ability to proactively maintain knowledge and awareness across a broad and diverse spectrum.
- Knowledge and experience of using basic office software to a high standard, with an ability to get the most benefit from the innovative application of existing and new IT software.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, coupled with the confidence and know-how to challenge the status quo, whilst still maintaining positive and professional relationships.
Method of Application
Applicants should forward their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Hamilton Lloyd and AssociatesSimilar Jobs
- Job Opportunities at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Accountant at Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited (PPNL)
- Procurement Support Officer at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
- GM Business Development at Energi Talent Resourcing
- Job Openings at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Management Accountant at Subsea 7
- Human Resources Manager at Bradfield Consulting Limited
- Business Development Manager/Business Development Officer at MG Vowgas Group