The MurtalaMuhammed Foundation (MMF) is a non-profit organization, founded on the ideals of the Late Gen. MurtalaMuhammed, a former Head of State of Nigeria (1975-76).
The MMF has long been recognized as a pioneer of democracy, policy advocacy, education, human rights, women empowerment, disaster relief and betterment of lives of Africans. The MMF is proud to announce over 10 years experience in implementing development projects in Nigeria. The Foundation was inaugurated in 2001 and launched on the 13th of February 2002, a day that coincided with the 26th anniversary of General MurtalaMuhammed’s assassination.
The Role of Program Manager:
To contribute to the planning, formulation and assessment of the ICT programs managed by the Foundation through review and analysis of program proposals, performance monitoring, program evaluation and assessment, and reporting with expertise in information technology and training technique. The Program officer will be part of a highly efficient and motivated team.
The incumbent will assist in identifying, defining, and developing funding sources to support existing and planned program activities as well as new projects and programs.
In particular, the responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Conceptualize, write, present and draft proposals on selected program issues; design and convene seminars, workshops and conferences.
- Set up and Organise training
- Oversea the Foundation Education and capacity Program
- Contribute to the Foundation’s over all vision and mission to promote, advocate, and reduce poverty, disaster-risk reduction as well as the overall development and strengthening of the organization.
- Strategically think and plan for development of program direction and initiatives.
- Strategically think and plan for development of program direction and initiatives
- Involve in planning and execution of the projects and initiatives in collaboration with MMF Team
- Develop and maintain adequate resource files and database for assigned program area
- Carry out various research project for MMF as it is required
- Develop full-scale projects plans and associated documents.
- Ensuring the Program Management Cycle is implemented in program activities
- Management of projects and programs
- Representing the Foundation with external partners
- Creating and maintaining monitoring and evaluation plans for projects and programs
- Generate proposals and supporting documents in response to solicitations
- Seek for Grants and funding to ensure all programs are well funded
- Design and preparation of fund-raising proposals and grants application
- Conduct research, policy analysis and advocacy on the thematic areas of the Foundation
- Facilitate grants ‘kick off’ meetings
- Organize events, conferences, workshops and seminars based on agreed outlook and scope.
- Generate resources for the Foundation through specialized training
- Ensure timely completion of training programmes according to work plan
- Network with other organizations involving in both internal and external as identified
- Organizing training programs for external vendors
- Writing reports according to established schedule and requirements
- Developing communication material (newsletters, annual reports, etc.) for distribution to donors and other stakeholders
- Developing a fundraising strategy for the organization
- Conducting mapping of institutional donors and foundations (EU, UN, USAID, DFID, etc), highlighting common priorities
- Investigating and spearheading new avenues for individual support and/or donations
- Developing a donor management tool where reports and history of donors can be easily tracked
- Analytical – synthesizes complex or diverse information, collects and researches data, uses intuition and experience to complete tasks, designs work flows and procedures
- Design – Generates creative solutions, translates concepts and information into images, demonstrates attention to detail
- Problem solving – identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions, works well in group problem solving situations
- Technical Skills – in the area of ICT and assess own strengths and weaknesses, pursues training and development opportunities, strives to continuously build knowledge and skills, shares expertise with others
- Teamwork – balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views
- A bachelor’s degree with an upper credit in I.T related course
- Experience in starting and setting up training program from the scratch
- Minimum of 5 years experience working as a Program Manager in a non for profit organization.
- Proven track record of revenue generation or fund raising
- The ideal candidate should be outgoing, confident, persuasive communicator with excellent writing skills
- Program planning skills
- Must be able to give effective presentations
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Research Analysis skills
Method of Application
Applicants should send Cvs to firstname.lastname@example.org