Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, and wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
DRC has been operating in the West Africa region for over 15 years, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programmes through Country Offices (COs) Guinea, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger, Nigeria and a Regional Office (RO) in Abidjan. DRC has 17 offices and more than 500 staff members across the WA region.
DRC started operating in Nigeria in 2015. It runs a combination of emergency, livelihood, WASH, protection and advocacy programmes in North-eastern Nigerian. DRC currently has offices in Abuja, Yola, Mubi, Maiduguri and Damaturu.
Under the general supervision of the Programme Development and Quality Manager (PDQM), the position contributes to: programme/project data compilation, verification, and analysis; project design and planning; implementation progress tracking; and monitoring and evaluation of DRC Nigeria’s programme. With the support and guidance of the PDQM, the Programme Officer will perform tasks indicated below; thereby contributing to the improvement and performance of the programme and achievement of results.
- Attends relevant programme meetings, prepares notes, and undertakes follow-up action and coordination related to programme implementation and monitoring.
- Assists in development of documents, presentations, and other appropriate means of communication regarding the DRC Nigeria programme and projects.
- Maintains the DRC Nigeria programme management system and reporting database.
- Supports the development and implementation of capacity building plans for the programme department, including identifying
- appropriate capacity building activities for DRC Nigeria programme staff.
- Alongside the PDQM, ensures close oversight of field activities and implementation, through periodic field visits and reports.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the line manager
- Collects, reviews, verifies, and analyses data for situation analysis, advocacy, and project planning and management.
- Analyses programme implementation reports and monitors progress against established indicators and implementation work plans.
- Acts as the focal point for work plan related to programme activities, including organizing regular programme planning meetings.
- Assists in the review and preparation of project reports.
- Undertakes follow-up action on advocacy and programme implementation activities, contributes to team building, and prepares relevant reports.
- At least BA degree, preferably in social sciences or related technical fields.
- At least two years of progressively responsible experience in programme design, communication, administration, monitoring and evaluation or related field.
- Fluency in spoken English and good command of written English is required. Knowledge of the local working language of the duty station is required.
- Attention to detail and a demonstrated capacity to work supportively with others is essential to the position.
- Computer skills, including internet navigation, and various office applications, especially MS-Office applications and utilities (Word and Excel skills essential).
- Demonstrated capacity for sharing knowledge and experience.
- Ability to perform a variety of specialized tasks related to Results Management, including support to design, planning and implementation of programme, managing data, reporting.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Remains calm, in control and good humoured even under pressure.
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Availability: July 1, 2017
- Salary and conditions: In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment; for national staff in Nigeria
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
Method of Application
The position is for NIGERIAN NATIONALS ONLY.
CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.
Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult: www.drc.dk
Interested and qualified? Go to Danish Refugee Council (DRC) career website on candidate.hr-manager.net to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale