The Rivers State Government, under the Ministry of Budget and Economic Planning, invite applications from suitably qualified candidate for the position below:
Reference No: RV/SFR/SAS/IC/2017/01
Project: Rivers State Employment and Expenditure for Results (SEEFOR)
This request for expression of interest follows the general procurement notice for the project that appeared in Development Business on June 12, 2012.
The Federal Government of Nigeria has received a credit from the International Development Association (IDA) and grants from the European Union (EU) towards the cost of implementing the State Employment and Expenditure for Results (SEEFOR) project in some selected states in Nigeria. Rivers State is one of the beneficiaries of the credit/grant and intends to apply part of the proceeds towards this consultancy service for the engagement of 2 (two) State Integrated Financial Management Information System (SIFM IS) Application Specialists.
The consultants are required to assist and guide the State Government prepare, coordinate and successfully implement the SIFMIS using technologies that are simple and user friendly. A SIFMIS Unit is in place in the Office of the Accountant-General to manage the implementation of the roll out to MDAs and undertake change management together with the SI FM IS vendor and State officials who are expected to provide leadership for the implementation to be successful.
- The objective of the role of the SIFMIS Application Specialists is to provide technical support to the implementation of financial management reforms under the SIFMIS programme with specific focus on the implementation of an automated accounting and financial reporting system capable of addressing the long term needs of all entities of Rivers State.
- In addition to providing technical expertise, the SIFMIS Application Specialists will provide support to the Office of the Accountant General to create a culture for continuous improvement in public sector financial management and to act as change agents and spearhead the introduction of the financial management infrastructure in Government.
- The consultants are highly expected to take a “hands on” approach while undertaking activities on this assignment.
The Scope of Service
The consultant shall:
- Obtain knowledge of legislation, regulations, policies, procedures and systems relating to River State’s Government financial management activities and apply this knowledge in the course of execution of the assigned activities.
- Provide technical expertise to the Office of the Accountant General aimed at improving public sector accounting and financial management activities and resolving key accounting problems existent in Rivers State Government.
- Support the configuration, testing, trouble shooting, quality assurance and implementation of the SAP S/4HANA software selected by’ Rivers State Government.
- Support the preparation and/or review of technical documentation (test scripts, data migration strategy, Go-live strategy, configuration documentation, etc.) required for the successful implementation of the SIFMIS.
- Provide technical expertise and assistance in the implementation of the SIFMIS based on a time bound work plan. This will include supporting the SIFMIS implementation sites, providing expertise in implementation of interface sites and ensuring sustainability of the SIFMIS.
- To support the realization of the SIFMIS implementation objectives primarily comprising of improvements in the financial management activities especially the timely, accurate and reliable Government financial statements.
- Support the formation of a financial management core group at the Accountant General’s Office for the training, SIFMIS implementation, change management, and other accounting activities aimed at:
- Improving the operation of existing accounting and financial management systems;
- More effective financial and budgetary control practices;
- Development of financial management system procedures following the successful introduction of the SIFMIS;
- Training and capacity building of the Government accounting cadre.
- Support the development and implementation of a comprehensive capacity building and training initiative in order to enhance professional competencies of the public sector accounting cadre through the provision of in-house and on the job training to eliminate the skills gaps.
- As part of the schedule of duties, this position will involve, training and capacity building of SIFMIS. Support Accountants and Government counterpart staff and a significant amount of knowledge transfer during the course of implementation. On completion of the assignment, knowledge transfer will he assessed as one of the major deliverables.
- Any other such duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Senior Financial Management Specialist or by the SIFMIS Coordinator and Accountant General in line with the SIFMIS implementation activities.
The Short-listing Criteria Are
- Providing evidence showing the fields of speciality of, the consultant (Consultant’s CV)
- Evidence of registration with relevant professional bodies.
- Attainment of a minimum of 5 years’ experience with business process/system analysis and design for Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and/or financial management systems.
- Evidence showing the technical and managerial capabilities of the consultant in the field of assignment.
- Availability of appropriate skills and essential technology
- Experience of working in a similar geographical region,
- Description of similar assignments. For each previous project performed, the consultant shall provide the name and contact address of the client (office & e-mail address, and telephone number), date(s) of execution, and name of lead and associate firms, contract amount and financing sources.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers [July 2014] (“Consultant Guidelines”) setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultancy method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Method of Application
The Rivers State Employment and Expenditure for Results (SEEFOR) Project now invites eligible Consultant (“Individual Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by e-mail):
Rivers State Employment and Expenditure for Results Project,
Attn: The Project Coordinator,
State Project Coordinating Unit (SPCU),
10 Odi Street, Old GRA,
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale