The German Embassy in Abuja, is seeking suitably qualified candidates, to fill the position below:
- A full-time driver (40 hours/week) and two part-time driven (20 hours/week) to join the Embassy team as soon as possible.
- The job position would be limited for the period of 12 months at first.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Transport of staff members, official visitors and guests;
- Running official errands (e.g. dispatch, paying bills);
- Safely and responsibly performing all official tasks using official vehicles;
- Taking account of all available information on road conditions, accessible routes and locations;
- Helps with transporting goods and admin matters;
- maintaining / cleaning official cars.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Secondary school education if possible
- Good knowledge of English language, basic German knowledge would be of advantage;
- Holder of a valid driver's license; expertise to operate bullet-proof cars would be an asset;
- At least 3-5 years' work experience as a driver with references;
- Familiar with the city and outskirts;
- No major accidents in the past 3 years;
- Ability to work in a team, flexibility as well as high reliability;
- Good manners and a neat appearance;
- Discipline and punctuality;
- Willingness to work extra-tours if necessary;
- Non-smoker with preference;
- Experience/qualified as mechanical engineer would be an advantage;
- Previous experience of a.m. duties etc. is preferable.
- The work contract is based on Nigerian law.
- Non-Nigerian applicants require a valid residence and work permit for Nigeria.
Salary is paid in Nigerian currency (Naira).
Method of Application
Applicants should send their applications (max. 5 MB) in English including CV, photo, motivation letter and supporting documents (e.g. certificates, references), copy of passport and drivers license and, if applicable, visa and work permit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Qualified candidates will be invited to an interview end of February 2017 and will be informed accordingly.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.