Latest Job Recruitment at Citibank Nigeria Limited
Posted on: 9 February, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at CITIBANK
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Citibank Nigeria Limited, the leading global financial services company, provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services.
Job Ref: 17009309
- A key individual responsible for developing and maintaining a robust AML control environment in the franchise, coordinating, monitoring and advising on compliance with business, global, regional, and local AML policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Being an AMLCO requires one to exercise sound judgment, strong influencing skills, technical expertise and leadership in fulfilling these responsibilities.
- This role will also entail general compliance responsibilities including but not limited to ensuring that Citibank Nigeria Limited is in compliance with Sanctions and Anti-Bribery and Corruption standards and related regulations.
- Act as backup to CCCO.
- Citi has launched various initiatives to further strengthen the culture of Compliance and AML across all lines of business and jurisdictions in which it operates.
- BAU activities as well as new initiatives create a significant body of work requiring close coordination and integration between Compliance and all the key stakeholders in the Business and support functions.
- Providing prompt and effective compliance guidance on regulatory and policy matters to the business units to ensure regulatory and reputational sound deals, thus assisting the business to meet revenue target and minimize regulatory penalties.
- Assess the impact of key regulatory developments, sanctions and industry best practices on current policies/standards/procedures, ensuring that any necessary changes are properly implemented within the Business.
- Develop, review policies and procedures relating to all aspects of Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorist Finance, Sanctions and Anti-Bribery and Corruption activity.
- Work closely with the Business (Corporate and Investment Banking, Treasury and Trade Solutions and Markets) and other key stakeholders such as Operations and Technology to identify and mitigate the risks associated with existing and new business with emphasis on higher risk customers and transactions.
- Escalate and report AML/other relevant compliance issues to Governance Committees and ensure that Senior Management is fully informed of significant compliance issues as well as the plans for resolution.
- Provide expert advice to the business on the organization's AML specific requirements as well as legal or regulatory requirements
- Ensure awareness of money laundering trends and typologies by proactively referring to relevant industry publications
- Thoroughly review and provide guidance on customer KYC/due diligence records and ensure adequate enhanced due diligence is performed on targeted high-risk customers.
- Undertake AML related investigations arising from internal monitoring as well as ad hoc referrals
- Report suspicious activity to the relevant authorities in a timely manner
- Liaise with local Regulators, Law Enforcement and other Governmental Bodies and ensure good relationships with the same.
- Develop and deliver tailored training programs for the business and support divisions
- Respond to Sanctions, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and other relevant escalations and investigations.
- Attend and where necessary, lead AML related customer interactions.
- Liaison with the Internal Auditors on AML Compliance matters.
- Contribute to a “no surprise” compliance culture by developing and delivering face-to-face, tailored compliance training programmes to new hires, transfers and existing staff.
- Ensure all Compliance reviews/reports (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual) are being performed timely, are adequate and appropriately documented.
- Raise the visibility of AML compliance by specifically improving the compliance risk assessment and compliance testing standards
- Instigate and manage ad hoc projects as required.
- Opportunity to work in AML at one of the most diverse global banking groups in the world.
- Exposure to international banking products, operations and regulatory practices.
- Visibility and accountability to Senior Management.
- Minimum of 15 years post-graduation experience, out of which at least 10 years must have been in the banking industry
- Experience in at least 3 major areas of banking operations
- University Degree.
- A postgraduate degree or relevant professional qualification
- Experience in a compliance/control environment
- In depth knowledge of relevant key regulations and industry guidance
- Good understanding of corporate and investment banking
- Operations or risk related experience, though not compulsory, will be an added advantage. Skills:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Strategic and goal-oriented thinker
- Commitment to a co-operative and collaborative working environment, requiring an innovative approach to meeting sometimes challenging demands
- Ability to work individually and in teams on all aspects of AML and Compliance
- Ability to communicate with and present to all levels of staff particularly Senior Management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to embrace new technologies.
Method of Application
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
- Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Interested and qualified? Go to CITIBANK career website on citi.taleo.net to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about CITIBANKSimilar Jobs
- Team Assistant- Africa Fertilizer Financing Mechanism at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- Job Vacancies at Custodian and Allied Plc. (CA Plc)
- Marketing and Communications Manager at a Microfinance Bank - Knowledgepool Consulting Limited
- Medical Receptionist at Imisi Partners
- Latest Vacancies at the African Development Bank (AfDB)
- Internal Control Officers at Personal Trust Microfinance Bank
- Culture and Employee Engagement Officer at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- Zonal Manager at Wema Bank Plc