Job Opportunity at the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Posted on: 9 February, 2017
Deadline: 12 February, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at United Nations High Commissioner
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) - For over 65 years, the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) has been protecting the rights and well-being of refugees all over the world.
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Nigeria wishes to engage the services of an Executive Assistant in its Abuja Office on a fixed term basis
Job ID: #1890469
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Nigeria wishes to engage the services of an Associate Reporting Officer in its Maiduguri Office on a temporary basis.
- Under the general guidance and support from the Head of Office, Associate Reporting Officer should be able to work under minimum supervision, be creative and innovative.
- Guidance may also be given by the various specialized units in the office including the External Relations unit in UNHCR Abuja.
- Keep abreast with all developments in the activity to prepare appropriate briefings and reports;
- Assist the office in consolidating and analysing data on programme implementation and indicators (nutrition, health, watsan) in order to facilitate the preparation of periodic reports, i.e. Sitreps, activity-specific reports as may be required;
- Assist in presenting accurate and attractive data presentation on the maps;
- Maintain working relationships with the Government, NGOs, and UN agencies to develop cooperation in inter-related activities;
- Prepare and distribute minutes of the co-ordination meetings that are held periodically in the country of assignment;
- Meet and brief visitors on all UNHCR activities, where necessary together with appropriate specialist/ programme officers;
- Draft press reports, booklets, etc.
- Perform other duties as required.
Essential Minimum Qualifications
- University degree in Journalism, Law or related fields;
- Minimum 4 years of previous job experience relevant to the function, Excellent computer skills, in particular in MS Office applications
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English with working knowledge of another relevant UN language and/or local language is essential.
- Desirable Qualifications and Competencies
- Knowledge of UNHCR programmes and activities;
- Drafting skills;
- Experience in dealing with the public;
Method of Application
Applicants should submit their application/letter of motivation, resume and fully completed UN Personal History Form (P11) and send via email ONLY to: email@example.com quoting in the subject line the above vacancy notice number and title of the position.
Click Here to Downlaod UN Personal History Form (P11)
- A written test will be conducted for this position which will be followed by a competency based interview.
- There is no need to send other certificates along with the application and P.11 at this stage.
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- Applications from female candidates are strongly encouraged.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNH...Similar Jobs
- Consultant at KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
- State Project Managers at Malaria Consortium
- Job Openings at The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET)
- Administration & Finance Officer at Search for Common Ground (SFCG)
- Finance Officer at Randstad Construction Property Engineering
- Fresh Jobs at Mercy Corps
- Consultants at The Health Communication Capacity Collaborative (HC3)
- Program Manager at Save the Children Nigeria