Guinness Nigeria plc is a strategically important market for Diageo and for the Guinness brand globally being the #2 Market globally by volume. The emergence of mobile phone technology as the primary medium of communications within Nigeria has led to a dramatic shift in emphasis from conventional to emerging media. This role is strategically important to establishing Guinness as Africa’s #1 Beer brand. This role focuses on the step-change in investment and management of Digital Media in Nigeria and beyond.
To assist in delivering the Diageo Digital Transformation agenda by increasing the visibility of Guinness Nigeria brands digital assets. Specifically, the individual will support the delivery of the Game Plan strategy which is aimed at increasing the awareness and adoption of each respective brands digital asset
Top 5 Accountabilities
- Develop the annual Brand Digital Plan for non-conventional media and development of third party strategic partnerships.
- Oversee the targeting and media strategy of assigned Brand digital investments
- Deliver all campaigns in full and on time, meeting or exceeding brands category performance benchmarks
- Collaborate with Planning and Analytic teams within the Consumer Connections unit to develop solutions that will enhance brands digital operational efficiency and improve performance
- Proactively make recommendations on rate to the digital agencies and consult on media restrictions to provide an understanding to the brand/marketing managers on the levers that influence delivery.
- University degree in marketing /business or other related discipline. Postgraduate Qualifications is an advantage
- 4-6 years proven and strong Brand and Trade Marketing experience
- Minimum 2 years proven experience of Digital marketing strategy development and implementation
- Ability to work under own initiative / pro-activity
- Excellent commercial judgement and acumen.
- Proven experience of working on Digital Activation platforms & understanding of Execution standards required for the demanding consumer.
- Experienced at managing key stakeholders nationally & internationally.
Diageo Marketing Code, Environment Policy, Competition & Anti – Trust Policy, External Communications Policy, Anti-corruption Policy, Occupational Health and Safety Policy, Corporate Security Policy, Employee Alcohol Policy, IMS Policy, Anti-discrimination & Human Rights Policy.
In addition, the Company has 15 (fifteen) global policies and a Code of Business.