Welcome2Africa International is hosting an international trade and investment mission to Nigeria for a selection of investors and other agribusiness stakeholders. This is a fantastic opportunity for the candidate to engage with global stakeholders of Nigeria's agricultural sector, and great for anyone interested in increasing their experience in business development, consultancy or client relations.
This is a fixed term Business Development Officer role working closely with the senior management team. The purpose of the role is tidentify, contact investors (family offices, HNWI, public investors, Public Private Investors, Development Investors) and other Agribusiness stakeholders whmay be interested participating in the Agrique Africa Investor Mission tNigeria)
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills both written and verbal and be expected twork closely with the CEand other external consultants. They will be experienced, professional and highly organised and will be used tworking in a fast-paced environment.
You will be expected tbe able to prioritise your workload effectively and work to tight deadlines.
- Degree level education in a Nigerian university (Preferably Masters qualified)
- Must have some corporate experience
- Must be responsible, reliable and trustworthy
- Ability tuse your own initiative is essential you will be required twork with minimal supervision at times
- Must be computer literate as use of databases / IT systems is essential.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written) are essential.
- Capable and friendly with strong communication skills and the ability tbuild and maintain client relationships.
- Ability ttake over existing matters and hit the ground running.
- The successful candidate must be organised and disciplined and have the ability twork under pressure and tdeadlines.
- Must be mobile and willing ttravel within the country
- Must be fluent in English and either Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa (Knowledge of all 3 would be beneficial)
- Support the CEin all lead generation, customer relationship management, sales and marketing activities as requested;
- Developing a target participant list, prospecting and establishing a relationship with Investors and key stakeholders including:
- Family offices
- Public Investors
- Public Private Investors
- Development Investors and other Agribusiness stakeholders
- Chambers of Commerces
- Developing a strategy tapproach target participants
- Understanding the different needs of target participants
- Arranging and attending meetings with target participants
- Maintain high level of customer satisfaction and responsiveness utilizing these relationships for up-selling and cross-selling opportunities;
- Provide contract updates and summaries via team meetings;
- Contact participants at the direction of the CEtschedule calls, meetings, updates, or other communications that may be required;
- Assist with preparation of meeting materials including agendas;
- Record, compile, transcribe, and distribute minutes of meetings;
- Oversee and participate in the preparation and revision of all sales and promotional material including amendments, extensions and new business arrangements;
- Sending and responding temails
- Providing, at a minimum on a monthly basis, report of activities
- Updating internal files efficiently / effectively
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CVs to Hr@welcome2africa.org