Description Of Functions
- Provides administrative support to the UN Women Country Representative:
- Facilitates effective communications and information management support:
- Supports external relations activities:
Provides administrative support to the UN Women Country Representative:
Facilitate Effective Communications And Information Management Support
- Provides administrative support to ensure the smooth and efficient functioning of the UN Women Country Representative's front office;
- Coordinates the efficient and discreet management of the Representative’s schedule;
- Coordinates calendar and schedule of regular and ad-hoc internal meetings, including Senior Management Team, Programme and staff meetings; prepares minutes and summaries of actions to be taken; tracks progress on planned issues; ensures follow-up with focal points;
- Adheres to appropriate protocol and correspondence guidelines when communicating with Government and other external partners;
- Assembles briefing materials and prepare power-points and other briefs for the UN Women Country Representative;
- Coordinates travel planning and logistical support arrangements for official missions of the UN Women Country Representative;
- Under the guidance of the Operations unit, undertakes logistical administrative and financial arrangements, for meetings, events and workshops organized by the UN Women CountryRepresentative;
- Administers and manages the office leave plans and attendance system;
- Maintains the roster of the UN Women Country Representative's contacts for easy access and reference.
Support To External Relations Activities
- Screens all incoming communications, filters outgoing correspondence for supervisor’s signature, clearance and further action by other staff; wherever possible
- Facilitates the flow of information/communication between the UN Women Country Representative’s Office and other Units within and outside UN Women office;
- Reviews, prioritizes and routes correspondence to and from the Office of the UN Women Country Representative. Follows-up action and keeps the UN Women Representative informed;
- Reviews correspondence for proper internal clearances prior to the UN Women Country Representative's signature;
- Responds and/or directs inquiries to the appropriate UN Women Unit for timely action and/or response;
- Maintains and organizes up to date hard and electronic files for easy access and retrieval. Ensures safekeeping of confidential materials.
- Works and coordinates closely with Operations unit to ensure compliance with corporate guidelines.
- Supports the UN Women Representative’s interaction with various external partners such as governmental officials, donors, civil society, UN agencies and other partners through collaborative and proactive relationship with counterparts and colleagues in those offices;
- Responsible for protocol matters, receives high ranking officials, and answer calls/inquiries with tact and discretion.
- Organizes official events/hospitality for the UN Women Country Representative.
CompetenciesCore Values/Guiding Principles
- Demonstrate consistency in upholding and promoting the values of UN Women in actions and decisions, in line with the UN Code of Conduct.
Cultural sensitivity and valuing diversity
- Demonstrate professional competence and expert knowledge of the pertinent substantive areas of work.
- Demonstrate an appreciation of the multicultural nature of the organization and the diversity of its staff. Demonstrate an international outlook, appreciating difference in values and learning from cultural diversity.
Ethics and Values
- Demonstrate ability to effective planning and execution of different tasks.
- Demonstrate and safeguard ethics and integrity.
Development and Innovation
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment .
Work in teams
- Take charge of self-development and take initiative.
Communicating and Information Sharing
- Demonstrate ability to work in a multicultural, multi ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Self-management And Emotional Intelligence
- Facilitate and encourage open communication and strive for effective communication.
- Stay composed and positive even in difficult moments, handle tense situations with diplomacy and tact, and have a consistent behavior towards others.
Continuous Learning and Knowledge Sharing
- Surface conflicts and address them proactively acknowledging different feelings and views and directing energy towards a mutually acceptable solution.
Appropriate and Transparent Decision Making
- Encourage learning and sharing of knowledge.
- Demonstrate informed and transparent decision making.
- Ability to perform a broad range of specialized activities aimed at effective and efficient functioning of the UN Women; Representative's office, including data/schedule management, maintenance of protocol and information flow;
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
- Creates, edits and presents information in clear and presentable formats, using appropriate IT functionality;
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities;
- Ability to establish, builds and sustains effective relationships with clients, demonstrating understanding of client's perspective; anticipates client needs and addresses them promptly;
- Ability to administer financial processes and transactions.
Good drafting skills.Education
Required Skills and Experience
- University degree or equivalent in Business or Public Administration.
- A minimum of 5 years of administrative experience preferably in a large or international corporation or organization;
- Experience in the use of computers applications and software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) as well as web based management systems
- Fluency in English is required;
- Knowledge of the other UN working knowledge is an asset.