Citibank represents the consumer banking operations of financial services giant Citigroup. The unit has more than 1,000 branches in about a dozen US states. California and Texas are its largest markets, but the bank also has a significant presence in the Northeast, as well as in Chicago and Miami. It has about 300 international locations in some 40 countries, with a focus on emerging markets in Asia, Latin America, and Central and Eastern Europe. Citibank provides standard banking fare such as deposit accounts, credit cards, and loans to consumers and small businesses, and utilizes its parent's breadth of financial services to also offer investment and financial planning services.
Provide financial analysis, risk assessment and analytical support for the assigned credit relationships in Financial Institutions Group (FIG), Global Subsidiary Group (GSG) and Global Corporate Bank (GCB) - with specific responsibility for providing risk analysis and monitoring of existing and new credit relationships across the entire portfolio. The role requires a strong knowledge and understanding of credit and banking products as well as exposure to an array of Citigroup’s ICG products. The role provides an opportunity for wide ranging engagement with various stakeholders, including business and risk managers, relationship teams, clients and external agencies.
- Risk Analysis team has analytical responsibility for Citibank Nigeria’s credit portfolio - covering Financial Institutions, Food and Beverages, Telecommunications, Oil Exploration and Production, Oil Marketing, Oil Servicing, Fast moving consumer goods, GovernmentPublic Sector and Infrastructure entities. The portfolio consists of predominantly non-investment grade credits - with a few investment grades as well as criticized credits. The portfolio spans various industry sub-sectors with each analyst exposed to multiple sub-sectors and multiple relationships in Financial Institutions Group (FIG), Global Subsidiary Group (GSG), Global Corporate Bank (GCB) and GovernmentPublic Sector.
- Risk assessment and analysis of existing and new relationships - including periodic review of financial results and statements to monitor operating performance, liquidity position and financial condition
- The role involves peer analysis. Identification of industry/economic trends and outlook as well as preparation of financial projections and sensitivity analysis
- Collaborate as appropriate with product partners and relationship teams for new and/or refinancing credit transactions such as term loans or event-driven financing with specific responsibility for risk analysis, preparation of financial model and sensitivity analysis.
- Interact with product groups, depending on the needs and complexity of each credit and transaction - which may include term loans/syndications amongst others
- Client management including assisting in developing appropriate credit strategies and attending client meetings, as appropriate, in managing day to day relations
- Excellent opportunity to obtain broad exposure to an array of products and transactions across industries
- Experience in working with multicultural teams across different geographies
- Part of a motivated and high performing team that is responsible for delivering in-depth risk analysis for Nigeria’s credit portfolio
- Opportunity for career advancement in a merit-driven environment
- Strong accounting and finance knowledge
- Financial modelling experience
- Knowledge of credit and banking products such as Syndicated Loans, Trade Finance and FX/Derivatives
- Knowledge of Citigroup credit policies and procedures preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years post-graduation working experience with at least 2 years in a Credit Analysis related function. Management Associates may be considered eligible if they have completed the full training programme, including minimum 6 months in Risk Management.
Skills and competence:
- Excellent modelling and financial analysis
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team player and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Credit analytics and financial modelling
- Excellent PC skills - especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree with Honours
- A postgraduate degree in a Finance/Economics/Management and/or analytical disciple will be an added advantage
- Should the Business Head and HR deem there to be high potential candidates who do not fully meet the inherent requirements of the role the candidate may be considered for the position, provided they have certain skills and experience which are closely related to the role. In the exceptional cases where we hire a more junior candidate, HR may require to bring in the candidate at the appropriate grade than the one advertised to maintain internal equity. In these cases the Business and HR will work together to determine a formal development plan for the candidate to get them up to the appropriate grade
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organizational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to CITIBANK career website on jobs.citi.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.