Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non- Governmental Organizations implementing programs for improving Sexual and Reproductive Health, Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, etc. We offer professional opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration. We seek applications from qualified applicants for the following positions in Abuja:
• Implement project plan and system that communicates tasks, deadlines, status and track project milestones and deliverables.
• Coordinate partners' activities, including creating enabling environment for effective project implementation, collate, review and monitor their reports and ensure that they correctly reflect the performance on the field.
• Ensure that implementation is consistent with the overall project design across the 37 States of the Federation, and project transactions are kept within the limits of the budget and grant funds are expended in an efficient manner
Applicants must possess a medical background with Master's degree in Public Health or related field.
Minimum of 5 years working experience on donor funded TB projects in Nigeria with good knowledge of epidemiology and significant understanding of operations research techniques. Ability to relate
effectively with development partners, Civil Society Organizations and Ministry of Health at national and state levels, strong skills in leadership, organizational/institutional capacity strengthening, interpersonal relations and written/oral communication. He/she should also have proficiency in computer packages such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Epi-info and SPSS are necessary. Experience and good understanding of Global Fund principles and procedures is desirable.
• Ensure that all statutory meetings in the organization are serviced and serve as Secretary to the Management meetings and put effect all Management decisions and communication to staff
• Proper maintenance of office building and equipment including insurances.
• Handle all staff matters which includes recruitment, deployment, discipline, leave matters, staff group insurance, maintenance of staff records, and ensuring adherence to the organization's rules and regulations
• Supervise the admin secretaries and staff, and facilitate the conduct of annual performance appraisals for all staff.
• Serves as focal person to security issues: life and property of the organization
Applicants must possess a degree in Social Sciences. A master's degree in relevant field will be an added advantage. Minimum of 5 years working experience including strong personnel, procurement and administrative skill is required. He/she should also have a strong written and analytical skill,
computer application including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and a working experience in a development sector.
• To project the image of the organization and implemented projects as well as manage the development of ARFH's website, e-bulletin and online learning community, ensuring that activities delivered on schedule and to budget
• To-research, write, commission, edit and publish accurate and effective online project achievement content; ensuring that online content meets high editorial standards.
• To work with stakeholder, program and M &E teams to explore potentials donor's success stories, disseminate lessons learnt, success stories and best practices.
• To work with media to make visible the donors' projects in the country, and contribute to the development of tools, lEC materials and public relations as appropriate.
• To improve documentation, and serves as the contact person with the Media officials.
Applicants must have a University degree in any of the following related field: Mass Communication, Journalism, Computer sciences, Social Sciences, etc. A master's degree in communication arts will be an added advantage. Minimum of 2 years' experience in similar position on projects focusing on HlV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Malaria or related fields; and working experience with Global Fund, USAID or any other donor funded programs is desirable. Publishing skills and website management is also strongly required.
• To build the capacity of Sub-recipients (SRs') to manage the high volume of their financial transactions and grant amount, the SRs Support Accountant will serve as the focal person to oversee and monitor all funds disbursed to SRs for project implementation. Specific duties include:
• Work closely with ARFH program and other finance teams, and sub-recipients (SRs) to ensure smooth operation and effective grant's fund management by the SRs.
• Provide guidance to SRs' Accounting Teams in the effective management of the project assets to achieve its specified objectives.
• Support in preparation/review of the fund request by the SRs to ensure reasonability and compliance with approved budgets
• Review retirement documents and follow up on all outstanding advances with SRs staff and partners at Federal, State and Local communities, to ensure timely and proper-retirements.
• Review SRs monthly transactions including cash book and bank reconciliation, and track each SR's budget and expenditure, and variance analysis report
• Support SRs and ensure that both internal and external auditors' findings and recommendations are followed up and addressed appropriately and timely.
Candidate must be a chartered accountant (ACA or ACCA) with First degree/HND in Accounting or other related social science courses. Also required is a minimum of five years working experience, excellent analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills. She/he must be computer literate (MS word, Excel and QuickBooks). Familiarity with NGOs' procedures is a must, while relevant higher degree will enhance applicant's chances.
Applicants should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job; to firstname.lastname@example.org within one week of this advertisement. Applications that fail to comply with the above instructions will be disqualified while only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.