Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS is a global leader in agricultural livelihoods programming, and promotes resilience building in impoverished, disaster-affected, and climate change-impacted areas around the world. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently works in 32 of Nigeria’s 36 states, focusing on agriculture and livelihoods, health, and emergency programming.
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Department: Emergency/ Programs
Position Band: E-1
Reports To: Program Manager -WASH & Shelter
- The Water, Sanitation & Shelter Team Leader will lead on project implementation together with the Hygiene Promotion Team Leader.
- He/she will line manage a team of Field Engineers and will be responsible for building their capacity as needed.
- He/she with be responsible for both technical quality and compliance with project management standards as part of the day-to-day operations as part of CRS’ Water, Sanitation & Shelter activities.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Engineering, Hydrogeology or Construction Engineering.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working with INGOs in the field of WASH and implementation experience of water supply, sanitation construction or infrastructure projects.
- Experience with Shelter programs will be taken an added value.
- Strong experience managing teams.
- Proven strong ability to provide technical assistance and expert advice to staff in infrastructure and related fields.
- Experience in project management, planning, supervision, quality assurance and reporting.
- Required Language Skill: English Fluency, Hausa and Kanuri is an added value.
- Required Travel; Over 80% travel around CRS sites.
Method of Application
Applicants should download the "Application Form Below" and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to: NG_HR@global.crs.org
Click here to download Application Form (MS Word)