University of Agriculture, Makurdi - Inline with the UAM statute, Federal Universities of Agriculture Act, Cap F22, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004 as amended by the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Amendment) Act, 2012 and the Conditions and Scheme of Service for Senior Staff (2015), Council has approved that the position of Bursar be advertised. The position of Bursar of the University of Agriculture, Makurdi (UAM) will become vacant on Wednesday 4 June, 2017.
- The Bursar shall be the Chief Finance Officer of the University and shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day financial administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
- Candidates for the post of Bursar must have at least First Degree or HND in Accounting from a recognized Institution
- Should be a member of one of the following recognized Professional Accounting bodies with post professional qualification(s) of not less than 15 years:
- Institute of Chartered Accountant of Nigeria (ICAN)
- Association of Certified Chartered Accountant (ACCA)
- Association of National Accountant of Nigeria (ANAN)
- Candidates must be a Deputy Bursar for at least 5 years.
- Applicants must not be above the age of sixty (60) years at the time of appointment.
- Applicants must enjoy good health to be able to endure the rigours of the duties of Bursar.
Duration of Appointment
- As has been specified by the Federal Universities of Agriculture Act, Cap F22, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004 as amended by the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Amendment) Act, 2012, the Bursar shall hold office for 5 years in the first instance, subject to a renewal for one year based on satisfactory performance.
Condition of Service
- These are as approved for Federal Universities in the country and as may be modified from time to time by competent authorities.
Method of Application
Applicants are required to forward their applications in 12 copies with photocopies of their certificates and detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating:
- Full Names
- Date and Place of Birth
- Permanent Address
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Educational Institutions attended with dates and qualifications obtained, including membership/fellowship of relevant professional bodies.
- Work Experience and Position sheld with dates
- Present Employer, Post and Salary
- List of Publications, if any
- Other relevant activities outside current employment
- Major professional achievements, contributions, including awards received, if any;
- Names and Addresses of 3 Referees - one of whom should be professionally competent to assess the applicant. The referees should be requested to forward their references direct to the Registrar.
All applications should be addressed to:
University of Agriculture,
Note: Only Applications of those who may be shortlisted for interview will be acknowledged.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.