If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
PYXERA Global, a Washington, DC based nonprofit organization seeks to fill the below role
Report to: The YieldWise Nigeria Project Director
- The YieldWise Nigeria Program - a multi-year agricultural development program funded by The Rockefeller Foundation in Kane, Nigeria.
- The Program seeks to reduce post-harvest loss at the farmer and transit-to-market levels in the Nigerian tomato value chain.
- Key activities include the formalization of farmer associations, facilitation of access to finance for smallholding farmers, introduction of quality-enhancing technologies to mitigate post-harvest losses, support of demonstration plot training's on improved production practices, and strengthening of linkages between small holding farmers and secondary markets.
The Senior Finance and Administration Officer will have the primary responsibility to:
- Oversee day-to-day. program cash flow management and maintenance of bank accounts
- Review and track all project payments to ensure accuracy and proper coding of invoices
- Manage office petty cash, and day-to-day small expenditures; Ensure timely reimbursements and accurate log records
- Ensure proper and complete financial record- keeping (receipts, contracts, backups) using QuickBookssystem
- Manage procurement, upkeep and tracking of project assets, including proper documentation of the procurement process through Requisition Forms, Selection Memos, and Purchase Orders
- Ensure accurate financial, procurement and administrative record keeping across field program offices
- Develop and submit timely and accurate financial program reports and cash requests to PYXERA Global HQ; Provide updates to PYXERA Global HQ regarding any financial and/or administrative requests or discrepancies
- Assist the Project Director and PYXERA Global HQ with quarterly and year-end financial reports, as needed
- Ensure all project payments and operations adhere to Nigerian fiscal and labor laws; Ensure compliance with PYXERA Global and donor financial and HR policies and procedures
- Perform monthly reconciliation of the general ledger accounts
- Oversee employee payroll processing, to include payment and labor tracking; Payroll will be submitted to the Project Director for final approval
- Maintain complete and up-to-date confidential personnel files for all staff
- liaise with partner organizations on financial issues, as necessary
- Oversee office maintenance and manage project property, infrastructure, and asset documentation
- Liaise with local legal counsel to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Supervise the Administration Officer, Security Officer, Security Guards, and Project Drivers
- Liaise with bank and ensure timely submission of reconciliation reports
- Other duties or tasks as required.
Education, Training, and Experience
- University degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field
- Minimum 10 years of experience managing accounts and procurement systems for a nonprofit organization or rural development program
- Strong knowledge of general bookkeeping and accounting rules and systems; Experience working in Nigeria required
- Knowledge of market and purchasing options and challenges in Nigeria
- Familiarity with programmatic budget preparation and tracking; Multi-currency experience desirable
- Proven ability to use standard accounting and spreadsheet software, including Microsoft Excel; Knowledge of QuickSooks desirable
- Ability to manage and prioritize several tasks simultaneously and effectively
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent command of written and spoken English required
- Previous experience in conflict affected areas with limited infrastructure preferred
- Nigerian national preferred
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV's and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using "Yield Wise Nigeria - Senior Finance and Admin Officer" as the subject of the mail and also indicating your availability and earliest start date in your email and/cover letter.
Note: The position will be based in Kano, Nigeria. Nigerian nationals and candidates currently based in the region are strongly encouraged to apply.