Women for Women International (WfWI) - In countries affected by conflict and war, Women for Women International (WfWI) supports the most marginalized women to earn and save money, improve health and well-being, influence decisions in their home and community and connect to networks for support. By utilizing skills, knowledge, and resources, she is able to create sustainable change for herself, her family, and community.
Since 1993, Women for Women International (WfWI) has helped nearly 429,000 marginalized women in countries affected by war and conflict. We directly work with women in eight countries, offering support, tools, and access to life-changing skills to move from crisis and poverty to stability and economic self-sufficiency.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- The Finance Assistant is responsible for assisting the Finance Manager and the Accountant with financial management, payroll and logistical transactions.
Assistance with General Accounting/Financial Management and Reporting:
- Manage the office petty cash in safe and reconcile daily
- Assist with financial transactions to be recorded on daily basis into the country office accounting system.
- Assist with preparing and submitting monthly financial reports in the required Women for Women International format.
- Assist in managing cash flow, and country office bank accounts.
- Assist with preparing payments for vendors/contractors for goods and services received.
- Assist the Finance Manager in ensuring that authorization levels are respected in the approval of all payments prior to fund disbursement.
- Assist with the annual audit
- Maintain and monitor an effective Country Office filing system including but not limited to; bank documents, withdrawal slips, transfer records, bank statements, invoice, timesheets and payroll records.
- Assist with ensuring that the internal control procedures and donor regulations are followed for all cash disbursements, receipts, transfers and include appropriate back up for US – A133 compliance.
- The Finance Assistance will have access to sensitive and confidential information and is expected to act with utmost discretion and integrity.
Assistance with Logistics:
- Assist the Finance Manager and the Accountant with the maintenance of inventory and controls for the country office fixed assets (i.e., such as vehicles, furniture and computer equipment). Maintain and update the inventory list and depreciation schedule for fixed assets.
- Assist with preparation of monthly payroll working to ensure that Country Office payroll is done in compliance with national tax and labor regulations.
- Assist with managing timesheets for office, ensuring timely submission, approval, accuracy and filing.
- Ensure the monthly payroll allocations entries are properly calculated, coded and entered appropriately into accounting system, including review and approval of allocations specific grants and projects.
Skills and Qualifications
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Finance, Accounting or Business;
- At least two (2) years of work experience in a Finance or Accounting department;
- Excellent computer skills including spreadsheet, database, word processing, presentation and email along with data entry experience.
- Familiarity with Quick Books Pro accounting software is desirable
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with strong analytical, reasoning and problem-solving abilities;
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and to take initiative;
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required;
- Finance Assistance will be held to the highest ethical standards.
- Commitment and respect for Women for Women International’s mission and values.
- Discretion with sensitive materials and a strong understanding of confidentiality.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit their CV's, cover letter and 3 professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please put "Finance Assistant" in the subject line.
Note: Only short listed applicants will be invi
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.