If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Global Health Supply Chain - Procurement and Supply Management Project (GHSC-PSM), is a USAID program implemented by SAII Associates Ltd. /Gte., an associated company of Chemonics International Inc. in Nigeria. The purpose of the Project is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of U.S. government funded public health initiatives throughout the world.
Global Health Supply Chain Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Program is seeking to employ qualified candidates for the position below:
Position level: Senior
- The Senior Procurement Manager, amongst other job functions, will lead the technical procurement services for GHSC-PSM Target Local Procurement (TLP) and, public health supply chain in Nigeria.
- He/she will provide leadership, management, coordination, and technical expertise for the improvement of systems for planning, implementing, monitoring and reporting on project technical procurement and support functions, as required.
- S/he will help to collaborate closely with other major stakeholders in the implementation and improvement of the procurement of goods and services to support public health supply chain service.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Planning and Source Director in development of overall strategic plan, implementation framework and review of the Department's goals and objectives to support the GHSC-PSM mandate in the public health supply chain programs.
- Lead the technical procurement of health products and services that will support the implementation of activities for an uninterrupted access to health commodities at the service delivery points in Nigeria.
- Lead the development and management of request for information (RFI), request for proposal (RFP), request for quotation (RFQ) and Indefinite Quantity Contracts (IQC) Sub awards that will support the management of technical procurement of products and services.
- Lead the development, review and issuance of task orders (TO) to contracted service providers for smooth implementation of services in line with GHSC-PSM policies
- Work with the compliance team to ensure that technical procurement of goods and services are in line with USAID FAR/AIDAR regulations and Chemonics policies.
- Lead in developing and managing relationships with vendors (including performing relevant assessment and due diligence) to ensure that technical procurement of goods and services are of the highest quality that meets US Government regulations.
- Oversee the development of appropriate sourcing strategies that will enable the project obtain best value for resources committed to project activities.
- Support the development, review and institutionalization of appropriate technical procurement standard operating procedures that meets US Government regulations and Chemonics policies.
- Represent the Project in appropriate external technical meetings with the partners, Government and donors in support of the project goals and objectives.
- Support in the development of continuous quality Improvement of the procurement processes and clearance processes to support timely availability of goods and services to the clients and relevant stakeholders,
- Supervise and manage the Procurement and Custom Clearance teams to promote smooth internal operations of the in line with Chemonics operational manual.
- Coach and mentor team, procurement advisors and managers in development of RFP, RFQ, IQC- sub-awards and TO for procurement services.
- Support the development and reporting on key performance indicators to demonstrate the project achievements in support of technical procurement services,
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Applicants for this position should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Master's degree in Supply Chain Operations, Public Health, Management, Procurement, or relevant degree required.
- Minimum of 8 years' relevant experience in procurement of goods and services with International Non-Governmental Organization especially in the health sector preferred. USAID experience a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in developing technical Requests for Information, Proposals, Quotations, Indefinite Quantity Contracts Sub-awards and managing complex procurement of goods and services for the health sector required.
- CIPS - Chartered Institute Procurement and Supply Certification and/or membership is a plus
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing high performing teams required
- Experience engaging with local and international vendors on procurement of goods and services required
- Knowledge of procurement using ERP systems required
- Knowledge of the Nigeria public health sector environment a plus.
go to method of application »
Position level: Mid-level
- The Quantification Advisor, amongst other job, functions will support technical assistance to the National and State Governments, PEPFAR implementing. The Global Fund partners and other relevant stakeholders in the developing health product requirements across HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Tuberculosis, Family Planning and Maternal, New Born and Child Health Programs. These will be supported as part of the mandate of the GHSC-PSM program to develop capacity of government counterparts in estimation of products requirements and gap analysis.
- S/he in collaboration with other advisors will inform health product procurement to promote uninterrupted access to health service delivery under the direction of the Planning and Source Director or his/her designate.
Duties end Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership and support to tire National and State Governments and partners in the development of health products forecast and supply plans with periodic reviews to inform funding requirements, financial gap analysis and resource mobilization.
- Facilitate on assumptions building activities that will guide the development of health product forecast and supply plans to meet the needs of clients.
- Support advocacy to the Governments on funding requirements for health commodities procurement and appropriate use for service delivery.
- Facilitate capacity building of Government and implementing partners on forecasting and supply planning processes including the development, review and implementation of standard operating procedures for these activities.
- Support quarterly update and submission of Quantimed and PipeLine databases to the GHSC-PSM Home Office on specific health commodities to inform procurement decision and funding mobilization,
- Support update and submission of quarterly quantification reports using current logistics data and program assumptions that will guide procurement.
- Provide technical support to health program procurement and supply management technical working group (PSM-TWG) meetings on supply chain activities around product selection, regimen analysis and product use
- Collaborate with Procurement unit to manage client's expectations on product availability based on updated supply plan.
- Collaborate with M&E team to develop and update necessary tools needed for logistics data management and use on health commodities supply chain.
- Develop and deliver appropriate supply chain presentations on current situations, Innovations and supply chain solutions that will promote sustainable systems.
- Perform other duties assigned.
Applicants for this position should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Master's degree in Public Health, Pharmacy, Supply chain operations
- Two to five years of professional experience in health programs, preferably in an International healthcare supply chain management environment
- Specific experience in HIV/AIDS, TB, Malaria, FP & MNCH programs desired
- Demonstrated ability to monitor and train in health supply chain programs
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills highly desired
- A proven ability to work as part of a team and to be self-managing.
- Ability to use forecasting and supply planning tools (e.g. Quantimed & PipeLine) is highly desired
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout Nigeria
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV/Resumes and contact information for at least Three professional references to: PSMNigeriaRecruit@ghsc-psm.org clearly indicating in the subject line the position desired.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- No recent graduates should apply