If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
CA Global Headhunters is an international recruitment and staffing company with an in-depth focus on Recruitment in Africa. We recruit talent of the highest standard across African Sectors in Mining, Oil & Gas, Engineering, Banking, Finance, Legal, Insurance, Commodities and Agriculture. As the African markets further grow and develop, our skills and expertise simultaneously grow too, ensuring that we deliver the best service for both clients and candidates. Our extensive candidate network built up over 8 years comprises the most diverse, skilled and experienced candidates.
Our client is looking for a Geo-technical / Rock Engineer responsible for leading the Geo-technical Section at the Mine and will be responsible for implementing and co-coordinating all Geo-technical mining functions for the current phase of the Mine.
- Ensure legal compliance for production and projects within area of responsibility
- Provide technical consulting, troubleshooting and assurance service
- Train and mentor junior staff
- Attend monthly planning meetings with production and project teams
- Ensure that all legal documentation is up to date i.e. COP’s and update support recommendations
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Engineering Geology, Mining Engineering or Civil Engineering
- Chamber of Mines Rock Engineering ticket
- More than five 5 years’ experience in open pit mining
- Previous Iron Ore and Africa experience
- Experience with Geological/Geotechnical Modelling software
- Valid drivers’ license
Benefits and Contractual information:
Limited Time Contract
Housing, Food and Insurances will be provided
go to method of application »
A client of ours is in the beginning stages of constructing a new mine in a remote location in West Africa and is looking for a Camp Manger to join their team.
- Able to work and communicate with all levels of employees, subcontractors, stake holders and the like on emerging issues, urgencies, timelines, and day to day administration.
- Will be responsible for all Catering on site, Laundry, Functions, Maintenance, and other ad hoc duties
- Should be street smart with a capability to understand remote locations and the issues that come with working and living in such areas.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Culturally sensitive individual.
- 5 - 7 years’ experience in mining or a related field
- Individual must have good communication skills and relevant management experience.
- Previous experience working as an expat in remote locations is a must.
Market related USD salary.
Limited Time Contract
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.