Medical Jobs at a Multi Specialist Hospital - eRecruiter Nigeria
Posted on: 15 November, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Healthcare / Medical
View All Jobs at eRecruiter Nigeria
eRecruiter Nigeria - Our client is a private multi-specialist Hospital and a reputable health care facility located in Lagos state. A full-fledged modern hospital that provides high-quality clinical services and also provides general health care services, 24 hour pharmacy services, diagnostic services and training to doctors. It is well equipped with state of art equipment and the objective is to become a world-class hospital. They now have an opening for the positions below
The Nursing Sister is responsible to the Chief Matron or the total care of patients in the wards and supervision of the student nurses. She would also be assisted by assistant Nursing Sister. The main aim of the Nursing Sister should be to foster team spirit in her area of work as a team leader.
NURSING CARE OF PATIENTS:
- Assess the total needs of patients and prepare plan of nursing care.
- Admission and discharge of patients.
- Demonstrate and carry out efficient nursing care, taking care of personal comfort , administration of drugs and treatment, observation and recording of vital parameters.
- Supervise patients diet.
- Attending rounds with Medical/Nursing personnel.
- Assist Medical staff in examination of patients and treatment.
- Participate and help with clinical investigations/procedures.
- Demonstrate and carry out preoperative and post-operative care of patients.
- Maintenance of patient’s records.
- Care of patient’s personal effects in accordance with hospital rules.
- Giving and receiving reports.
- Follow prescribed rules in case of accident or death of a patient.
- Give information and health education to patients and their attendants.
- Supervision of any emergency or unusual occurrence in the ward.
- Handing over and takeover charge of patients at the end of the shift.
- Assignment of work to assistant nursing sister and domestic staff.
- Co-ordinate and facilitate work of other staff, e.g. physical therapist, social worker, dietitian, voluntary worker etc.
- Maintaining good inter personal relationship among all categories of staff and with patients and their relatives.
- Maintain cleanliness of ward, its annexes and environments.
- Proper upkeep and repairs of linen and ward equipment.
- Make indents for drugs, surgical supplies, stores and issue.
- Keep custody of dangerous drugs and record of their administration.
- Daily check of emergency drugs and life savings equipment.
- Maintenance of stock registers, inventories.
- Investigate complaints if any.
- Must be a registered Nurse (double qualification).
- Minimum of 8 years post-registration experience.
- Must have worked or currently working in a private hospital.
- Have sound knowledge of changing trends within health and social care.
- Be conversant with current professional issues in relation to nursing.
- Ability to provide effective leadership to meet the needs of the post in full.
- Ability to effectively manage an operational team to ensure positive outcomes for patients/clients.
- Have effective communication skills to meet the needs of the post in full.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
A sonographer is a highly-skilled professional who uses specialized equipment to create images of structures inside the human body that are used by physicians to make a medical diagnosis.
Sonography is increasingly being used in the detection and treatment of heart disease, heart attack, and vascular diseases. It is also used to guide fine needle tissue biopsy to assist in taking a sample of cells from an organ for lab testing.
- Organize and perform sonographic examinations, document high quality images and practice good patient care.
- Arrange transportation to and from sonography department for inpatients and emergency patients.
- Works with radiologists in special procedures such as setting up and maintaining sterile trays for biopsies and injections.
- Transportation of mobile machines to emergency department and patient floors to perform scans
- Analyse technical information.
- Use independent judgment in recognizing the need to extend the scope of a procedure per diagnostic findings.
- To maintain daily logs of patients seen, take care of billing procedures, and perform routine maintenance of machines. Safety and sanitary procedures are performed after each test on the equipment, and maintaining adequate supplies are part of a routine day.
- The sonographer uses ultrasound to test for any problems within the uterus, cervix or vaginal canal. Images of small tumours, cysts or any other diseases can be determined at an earlier stage.
- The sonographer analyses the test result from the ultrasound equipment. Calculations and measurements of the images are performed and presented to the physician for a diagnosis and treatment plan.
- BSc degree in Radiography
- Minimum of seven (7) years post qualification experience
- Able to interact effectively with patients who range from healthy to critically ill.
- Realistic – able to deal with practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
- Investigative – able to work with ideas that require an extensive amount of thinking.
- Problem solving skills.
- Must have had work experience or currently works at a private hospital
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about eRecruiter NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Electrical Engineer at Me Cure Healthcare Limited
- Pharmacists at Abuja Clinics
- Jobs at Box & Cedar
- Experienced Staff Nurse Midwives/Midwives at Adefemi Hospital Limited
- Nursing Vacancy at Ladkem Eye Hospital
- Job Openings at Medline Locum Agency
- Job Openings at The World Medical Center (WMC)
- Medical Officer at Isalu Hospitals Limited