If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Nigeria Machine Tools Limited is the leading manufacturer of machine tools, machine accessories, mechanical spares and after sales support provider in West Africa. Our assembly, production capabilities and plant facilities make us the preferred provider of some of the most complex machinery tools and varied equipment.
NMTL is further engaged in the manufacture and production of industrial spare parts and integrity stud bolt and nuts, flanges for oil an gas, energy and power, and iron including steel industries; manpower training in various engineering and technological fields; provision of after-sales and consultancy services; thus influencing the growth of downstream industries associated with the machine tools. The Company also, manufactures and assembles agricultural tractors and implements under its proprietary BULL trademark.
As part of its expansion, the company is seeking to engage the services of resourceful and competent personnel for the position of Business Development Manager.
General Purpose of the Job
- We are looking for an ambitious, highly personable professional with strong commercial acumen built upon solid technical foundation in materials science or engineering.
- The ideal candidate will lead the development of market opportunities mainly within oilfield services offerings including definition and execution of revised go-to-market strategies through the wider NMT sales network.
- In addition the role include direct management of the highest profile key accounts in the Nigeria Oil & Gas segment but also new key accounts from new markets.
- The job holder will manage across multiple stakeholder interfaces so a collaborative style is a critical success factor.
- The position is based at Lagos but significant travel will be required.
Specific Key Responsibilities
- Through current Oil & Gas activities and new sectors like Surface Treatment and Machining but not exclusively,
- Develop and execute strategies for multiple service product offerings, including commercialisation of NMT Oshogbo, brand new, state-of-the-art, surface treatment plant. Key accountability is delivery of business plans for relevant product lines.
- Directly manage all aspects of growth with large key accounts in the Oil & Gas sector of NMT business and also new sectors. Key accountabilities are delivery of sales budget and management of service mix for these clients.
- Provide functional leadership to colleagues in account managing the next tier of large customers through the distributed Oil and Gas Sales executive network.
- Collaborate with technical colleagues to understand requirements of complex customer projects and in developing both commercial and technical solutions to meet their testing needs.
- Act as voice of customer in definition of new technical offerings to the oil & gas, Surface treatment, machining sectors- hence technical competence is a critical success factor for the role.
- Contribute to the development of strategy for all sectors
- Engage fully with marketing department to design, target and execute marketing initiatives for the Oil & Gas sector.
- Collates and interprets market intelligence report on NMT products and services from the distributors or customers to help management in decision making process.
- Work closely with the corporate communication department to continuously evaluate/adjust promotional and advertising programmes
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or industrial Engineering or equivalent or related field.
- MBA and any other professional qualification in relevant discipline will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 12 years working experience in business development in a structured environment with three of those on a senior management level.
Knowledge/Skills and Personal Qualities
- High level of technical competence in material science or relevant engineering academic background, supported by previous industrial experience in technical positions.
- A significant experience in Product Management of technical complex offerings where you can demonstrate a track record of both sales growth and portfolio development.
- An excellent manager of multilevel client relationships and have previous experience in sales or business development capacity.
- Have a clear grasp on the distinction between strategic planning and technical execution, with a track record of success in both.
- A sophisticated communicator and comfortable operating in a matrix structure requiring a range of styles, including managing through influence.
- Experience of major bids and tenders highly desirable, including contract preparation and negotiation.
- Sector or industry experience desirable.
- Technical corrosion experience would be particularly valuable.
- Ability to travel long distance within the country and abroad.
- Proficiency in the use of the computer, particularly the Microsoft Office Suites.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume in an attachment and state the position as the subject of their email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.