Job Opportunity at Afordonz Consulting Limited
Posted on: 8 November, 2016
Deadline: 14 November, 2016
View Jobs in Building / Construction
View All Jobs at Afordonz Consulting
Afordonz Consulting Limited - Our client specializes in Facilities Management and is seeking to fill the position below:
- Interpret and explain contracts and technical information to other professionals
- Report work- in- progress and budget matters to clients
- Select, schedule, and coordinate subcontractor activities
- Respond to work delays, emergencies, and other problems
- Comply with legal requirements, building and safety codes, and other regulations
- Ability to coordinate and supervise a wide variety of projects, including the building of all types of public, residential, commercial, and industrial structures, roads and bridges from start to finish.
- Ability to oversee specialized contractors and other personnel, schedule and coordinate all construction processes so that projects meet design specifications and ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget
- Must be able to work closely with other building specialists, such as architects, civil engineers, and a variety of trade workers.
- Would be responsible for getting approvals from various building and construction regulating bodies such as state and local government officials and confer with city inspectors to ensure that all regulations are met.
- Ability to prepare budgets, cost estimation using specialized cost-estimating and planning software to allocate time, materials and money in order to complete projects on time and save cost.
- Would be responsible for vetting all civil and structural works details, manage and provide final approval for all consultants’ submission including services, issue to contractors all approved drawings for construction.
- Responsible for overall field activities and ensure proper interpretation of drawings on site, approve all construction related actions, ensure conformance and compliance of consultants drawings and contractors submission.
- Responsible for managing scope change request, Review and approve all shop drawing provided by contractor and approved job completion certificate
- Responsible for initiating project meetings and coordinates monthly project meetings.
- The ideal candidate should have at least a B.Eng / B.Sc Degree in Civil or Building Engineering, with a minimum of 5 years experience on the job role.
Skill Set and Profile:
- Strong interpersonal/Communication skills
- Strong project management knowledge and skills
- Good Reporting and administrative writing skill
- Excellent learning and transferable skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Focused on continually improving and learning new skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Able to promptly answer support related email, phone calls and other electronic communications.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team
Method of Application
Applicants should submit a Copy of their detailed & recent CV to: email@example.com Use the job title as the subject of your mail.
Note: Multiple applications may result in disqualification.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Afordonz ConsultingSimilar Jobs
- Job Openings at a Multinational Construction Company - Aldelia Limited
- Latest Jobs at Alpha Mead Facilities & Management Services Limited
- Latest Job Openings at Bradfield Consulting Limited
- IT Intern - Graduate Trainee at DO.II Designs Ltd
- Interior Architect at iDesign
- Residence Manager- Student Hostel at Student Accommod8 (SA8)
- Retail Manager- VAS at Student Accomod8
- HSE Manager at GreenKey Facility Management Limited