Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Type: Contracts
Job Nature: Resident
- Active contracts 300@ $900MUSD; Annual turnover $ 330MUSD via 400 orders;
- Decentralised services@ $28MUSD via 1,717 orders
- C&P Business Tools including UNISUP, CONTIKI, ARIBA & NIPEX
- Approx 13,000 registered suppliers; approx 1000 new suppliers applications per year.
Contacts: Foreign and Local Manufacturers/Suppliers, other subsidiaries, User Departments, Various Government Ministries and Agencies, other third parties.
The Job holder adheres to the H3SEQ rules:
- Take the necessary measures to avert immediate threat of danger. Exercising caution as necessary to avoid danger to persons, installations and ensure that effective safety and security procedures for personnel and equipment are being adhered to.
The job holder ensures Contracts compliance:
- Ensure that all local contracts personnel under his/her supervision is in line with the company’s standardized norms and codes of conduct
The Job holder liaises with other teams and participates to the processes and communication of the contracts entity by performing the following tasks:
- Work closely with the DUET counterpart to create the contracts dossier, Develop a clear definition of contractual responsibilities and discuss the agenda including:
- Validation of contracts strategy
- Negotiation and analysis of commercial bids
- Participation in recommendations to award
- Participate in the OPS/CA CATMAN network
- Ensure that all insurance issues of company assets and personnel are dealt with
- Supervise and train contract engineers and Graduate contracts engineers
- Define the workload of his/her team
- Manage his/her team’s performance by implementing and monitoring local KPIs
- Ensure the update of the contracts management tool
- Keep informed of best practices in contracts procedures in other entities and affiliates for improvement of contracts practices in his/her affiliate
- Use frame agreements signed by headquarters
The job holder executes the following contracts activities:
- Prepare and maintain an up-to-date list of qualified contractors/suppliers/potential tenders/contracts with updated information in order to perform market studies; analyze and assess all possible answers from the market
- Participate to the validation of the contracts strategy through:
- Arranging and attending Contracts Committee Meetings
- Pre-qualifying bidders
- Defining target prices
- Defining criteria for evaluation
Supervise the creation of CFT commercial documents:
- Supervise the establishment of the technical contracts and contractual agreements, directly participate to the most complex contracts
- Verify the Terms & Conditions (standard, general and financial)
- Verify the alignment with HSE clauses, Company rules, Procedures, Instructions and applicable legislation when issuing all technical contracts and when drafting contractual and commercial terms and conditions
- Ensure the preparation and send out the dossiers of pre-consultation and Standard or Complex invitations to bid
- Supervise the preparation and issue of the call for tender to contractors and suppliers on the bidders list
- Conduct the Terms & Conditions bid analysis and negotiation
- Conduct the commercial bid analysis and negotiation thereby creating a clear definition of responsibilities and documents together with the DUET
- Participate in Recommendation to award (RTA) through contract committee/DOA and award validation where he/she evaluates RTAs
- Handle the approval from authorities and partners, clarification of rights and obligation of signing parties and the signature process of formal documents
- Ensures that own contracts are created and managed in UNISUP and CONTIKI, ensure effective use of tools and systems (Ariba, NIPEX, REX+, CONTIKI.) for optimum productivity.
- Ensure the handover of contracts to the Métier Partner
- Assist the head of contracts in the settlement of claims and lawsuits, in relation with the Juridical, Insurance, Finance and OPS/CA Directors by proposing strategies and actions and participating to the negotiations
- Monitor contractor’s performance with Duet, promoting and attending service quality meetings, claims, amendments and contract renewal discussions with contractor and manage and maintain a network with Stakeholders such as NAPIMS, NCD, Department of Petroleum Resources, etc.
Context and Environment:
- Lack of planning from User department leading to urgent treatment.
- Long and complex tendering process (notably NAPIMS approval)
- Increased political pressure in Oil & Gas Industry (Local Content, Community Content, Carbotage law and large number of vendors requiring development in matters of HSE and Quality Assesment.
- Ensure 100% compliance to COMPANY rules, SOX and local rules
- Ensures the establishment of suitable lists of potential bidders in accordance with vendor management policies and procedures to obtain good value for money.
- Ensures contracts are drafted in accordance with approved model which reflect to company’s ethic policy, procedure thereby minimizing company’s exposure to risk.
- Contributes during negotiation either for dispute resolution and claim settlement or for generation of saving.
- The Senior contracts engineer mentors Contracts Engineers, Contracts Administrators and Graduate Contracts Engineers
Required Qualifications / Experience:
- A degree in Engineering, Management or Social Sciences
- A background in drilling and Membership of relevant professional bodies in the Supply Chain and in Operational functions will be an added advantage.
- Up to 12 years experience in oil well construction activities of which 5 should be in contract administration.
- Demonstrable general knowledge and understanding of commercial, legal and insurance issues affecting the company in general.
- Good command of English language and excellent communication skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Amaiden Energy Nigeria career website on amaidenenergy.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale