Procurement Role at Apata & Ascott Limited
Posted on: 2 November, 2016
Deadline: 15 November, 2016
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Apata & Ascott Limited
Apata & Ascott Limited, is currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Procurement Specialist.
- Our ideal Procurement Specialist will be a subject matter expert on procurement of infrastructure, construction and engineering materials, works, goods and services.
Provide expertise, support and advice on sustainable procurement of goods and services for construction and infrastructure through:
- Identification of procurement needs at the project development stage
- Preparation of realistic procurement plans and development of appropriate procurement strategies
- Conceptualization, elaboration and implementation of procurement and contract strategy including tendering processes and evaluation, contractor appraisal, evaluation and negotiation of offers, administration of the contract and the performance management of the contractors, legal considerations and payment conditions as well as risk assessment.
- Preparation and review of technical specifications, terms of references, scope of works for construction projects, in the areas of health, infrastructure, justice and environment.
- Develop cost estimations for the required goods/services/works.
- Establish procurement process monitoring systems and mechanisms to eliminate deficiencies in company’s procurement activities for goods and services.
- Conduct analysis and evaluation of the requirements and synthesis of proposals for cost-saving strategies.
Lead strategic and operational procurement projects by:
- Planning, developing and managing all procurement-related aspects of solicitations for complex and diverse works, services and commodities, taking into account sustainability aspects, the local economy and other market or political conditions.
- Advising requisitioning units; on the procurement process, including drafting of clear TORs or specifications, and creation of technical and financial evaluations.
- Formulating strategies and designing innovative solutions to minimize and resolve issues/conflicts for complex procurement projects.
- Establishing and maintaining work program and schedule for on-going contracts and newly-planned ones.
- Leading negotiations with supplier representatives; signs procurement orders up to the authorized limit.
- Conducting market research to keep abreast of market developments; researching and analyzing statistical data and market reports on the world commodity situation, production patterns and availability of goods and services.
- Identifying new technologies, and products/services, evaluating and recommending potential supply sources and updating the procurement program based on these results.
- Analyze the quality of goods and/or services delivered in relation to the needs of the operation/stakeholder and established quality standards.
- Updating buyers’ and suppliers’ profiles in the internal enterprise resource system, preparing Purchase Orders and Receipts, implementing the internal control system to ensure that purchase orders are duly prepared and dispatched, taking timely corrective actions on Purchase Orders with budget check errors and other problems.
- Performing such other duties and responsibilities relevant to the functions of a Procurement Officer.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Engineering, Supply Chain / Procurement, or other related discipline.
- Membership of and professional certification through relevant professional institutions such as the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or other similar and equivalent organizations is desirable.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible experience in procurement of works, goods and services in the construction and infrastructure field in public or private sectors; (i.e. health/hospital projects, roads construction, public infrastructure).
- Well-developed analytical thinking, problem solving, and negotiation skills.
- Persistent attention to detail and experience with contract review.
- Ability to multitask and to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to provide guidance in a timely and understandable manner to staff that may not be familiar with the procurement process and/or rules, regulations or terminology.
- Excellent command of the Microsoft Office 2010 applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.)
- Knowledge of Government Rules and Regulations on infrastructure and Construction projects is an asset.
- Integrity and fairness: Solid ethics and integrity interfacing with colleagues, clients and service providers.
- Professionalism: Takes ownership of responsibilities and honour commitments. Represent the organization in various forums and/or with stakeholders and service providers.
- Responsiveness: Strong sense of delivery and priorities; Ability to provide in a very tight schedule relevant feedback and advice on specific requirements of clients operating in post crisis contexts.
- Client Orientation: Focus on clients’ services. Keep clients informed of procurement progress or setbacks. Actively interact with clients to solicit feedback and gauge satisfaction;
- Teamwork: Developed and well-rounded interpersonal skills. The ability to establish and maintain working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment, with respect for diversity.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Apata & Ascott LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Accountant at AFM Recruit
- Solutions Architect at Oscar Temple
- IT Business Development Manager at Oscar Temple
- Current Job Placements at Workforce Group
- Finance Manager at Pivotage Consulting
- Asset Manager at Romanspage Global
- Chief Marketing Officer at PriceWaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Three-Wheeler Service Engineer at Elevantix Consulting