Job Opening at Solidarites International (SI)
Posted on: 31 October, 2016
Deadline: 30 November, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Solidarites International
Solidarites International (SI) has not been active in Nigeria in the past and therefore has a limited experience in the country. SI sent a first exploratory team in Nigeria (North-Eastern States) for three weeks in April. A continued presence of senior managers has been maintained since mid-May in Borno state and Abuja. Additionally, SI registration in Nigeria is ongoing with the help of a local lawyer.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Starting Date: November, 2016.
Duration: 6 months (renewable)
Organization of the Mission
- Nigeria mission is currently stabilizing the opening process. The coordination is composed of a head of mission, a program coordinator, a logistics coordinator, an administrative coordinator, and now a field coordinator for the Maiduguri base. The coordination is expected to spend a consequent amount of time in Maiduguri, in direct support of field based operations. Therefore, the mission has a coordination team based in between Abuja and Maiduguri, which includes a Head of Mission, an Administrative coordinator a Logistic Coordinator and a Program coordinator.
- Operations are to be based in Maiduguri, Monguno and other relevant LGAs. In Maiduguri the team is composed of a Wash project manager, a Wash activity manager, a logistician and an administrator.
- The Monguno sub-base is composed of an activity manager supported solely by a Log/Admin assistant recruited as national staff. The base administrator is expected therefore to travel from time to time to Monguno to provide support to the sub-base.
- A substantial expansion of the base staffing is more than likely before the end of the year.
About the Job
- The Field Coordinator has the role of delegated Head of Mission for a region of a country in which Solidarités International intervenes.
- He/she proposes a regional strategy according to the geopolitical and humanitarian context, and ensures its implementation once validated.
- He/she checks and ensures that projects are carried out in accordance with Solidarités International’s charter, respecting all internal and contractual procedures
- He/she mobilizes the material and financial resources necessary for programs to run smoothly, and supervises resource management.
- He/she coordinates the teams in place and is responsible for their security in his/her assigned zone.
- He/she is the Head of Mission's direct contact and representative.
- He/she will be directly managed by the head of mission. He/she will directly manage the head of departments on his/her base (Wash Program Manager, Logistician and Administrator).
Specific Objectives of the position within the period:
- Following the recent and strong positioning of SI in Maiduguri and Monguno, Nigeria mission is opening a new position of Field Coordinator for Borno State, taking all Borno-related operational and access considerations over SI current Nigeria Head of Mission.
- The Field Coordinator will first be in charge of analyzing the everchanging military and socio-political context in Borno State, along with critical gaps in the emergency humanitarian response. He/She will be able to develop an extensive information network and a reactive humanitarian data collection system will be requested, supported in that by a team of senior national collaborators and by the Head of Mission.
- He/she will supervise the overall SI operations in all Borno LGAs, including program and support teams, with a security and access framing mindset. He/She will notably be in charge of prioritizing emergency deployments, in close coordination with the Head of Mission and the Program Coordinator.
- The Field Coordinator will also be a key component of SI coordination team and a close collaborator of the Head of Mission in the design of the mission strategic lines.
- An outstanding ability to manage heavy workload and constant operational stress is required for this highly challenging position.
- SI is looking for an emergency-focused, proactive and intuitive collaborator able to lead life-saving operations in highly insecure environments.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in International Relations, International Development, Humanitarian Studies, Logistics, Business, Management, or other related sectors.
- 4 to 6 years of professional experience, including 2 to 3 years minimum in the humanitarian environment.
- 2 years of experience as Field Coordinator, Program Coordinator or Emergency Coordinator.
- 2 years of experience in conflict and post-conflict contexts.
- Previous experience in insecure and access-hindered environment required.
- Ability to collect, manage and filter extensive amounts of information in real time
- Ability to develop quick and intuitive analysis
- Capacity to provide clear and well documented strategies
- Demonstrated networking capacity, including with national key stakeholders
- Ability and willingness to evolve in very fast paced environments and insecure contexts
- Strong synthesis and information dissemination skills
- Capacity to manage a multi-technical team.
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Haoussa is an advantage.
- Good knowledge in MS Office package: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power point, Microsoft Outlook.
- Knowledge of basic GIS desirable.
SI’s conditions for this position include:
- A salaried fixed term contract, with a gross salary, which, according to your experience, starts from 2000 euros gross per month, plus 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly.
- A Per Diem of 750 USD.
- Housing on the field will be managed and covered by SI, in a compound with guesthouse and office.
- Social and medical coverage: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
- Vacation: During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of one break every three months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7-day break during the 3rd and the 9th month (with 500 euros allocated by Solidarités). He/she will also be entitled to go back to his or her home country for a 14-day period after six months spent on the mission (Solidarités will cover travel costs).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Solidarites International career website on emea3.recruitmentplatform.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Solidarites InternationalSimilar Jobs
- Latest Job Vacancies at WaterAid Nigeria
- Senior Program Coordinator at the International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Security Liason Officer at Médecins du Monde
- Fresh Vacancies at Abt Associates
- Project Administrator at COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale
- Request for Proposals: Translating Agency at Girl Effect
- Job Opportunities at INTERSOS
- Grants Manager at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)